Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, im new to this sort of thing and this is my first ever post on a site [<:eek:)]

ive never owned a vw and never owned a diesel so its all new! i recently swapped my astra gsi [:(] for a golf mk4 gt tdi 150, and ive had it nearly a week. but there seems to be a few problems, well i say they are problems but i may be wrong as it could just be characteristics for a vw diesel

it has supposedly been remapped to 197 bhp which is great considering my astra was 197 bhp so its got some pull in it but with a diesel i was hoping to get more mpg, and i am getting more than the astra [:)] but it doesnt seem as much as i hoped! the most ive had it up to is 46mpg and thats on a 24mile journey to work! so would you say this is about right?

also when i got the car the temperature guage didnt work properly, coming down the motorway it was reading bottom of the guage but for some reason its working again? well i think it is lol so i had a little read up on it on here and found that it could be the temperature sensor so ive ordered it and recieved it but yet got round to doing it as i dont know what im doing [:cool:] dont know if anyone can help me with that!

is there anything that you can advise me on doing to it to make it run sweet as a nut or even get more mpg? any help would be good

thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The other think to consider checking is the mpg reading is correct as my car under reads the mpg by 10% on average, so 46 mpg displayed on the computer in mine is actually 50.6mpg.

See http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/400794.aspx

Also it took me a while after changing to diesel to get the best mpg due to the different driving characteristics between petrol and diesel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts