Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when you put a dumb blond (NO OFFENCE TO ANY MEMBERS)
behind the wheel of a big car with a tow-bar

And then she had the cheek to drive off and not say anything but i know the girl and all i can say is that when she drives in our street everbody puts there car in the garage and then they are not safe!!!!![:(][:mad:]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

from the pic?s you can see that she did not just nudge it too as it has pushed the headlamp over and the gap between the wing and the hood is about 10mm
and the bumper has poped out from the mount on the side[:'(][:mad:]

·
Registered
16 Posts
*Ouch* Dat looks pretty bad...Are you gonna replace the front bumpers? I guess some paint touch ups would hide the marks but the bumps will still be visible...

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to the stealer first thing in the morning to have it looked at as the bumper is pushed up against the carier behind it and the beam of the headlamp is off the scale but the fixing is not bust, So i think there is something bent along the line.

The woman is round here later and she is up for a beating LOL[A]
so this is going to cost her as i want it all replaced and not just filled and painted where you can see the bumper has 2 holes in it so i think there is a fair bit of damage behind the bumper from what i can see

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car. As for what needs to be fixed, it looks to be relatively minor. The obvious is that you will need a new rubstrip for the front bumper to be fixed as well as the bumper and wing (since there is a paint scratch).

When you take off the bumper and you look at the damaged side you will see a bracket that goes between the front of the wing and body. It's a relatively cheap piece as mine cost me about $14 USD. That bracket is mst likely bent and when replaced, the front of the wing that is closest to the headlight will be back in it's factory postion. When I replaced mine, I only needed a few tools to remove it and took me about 30-45 minutes to replace and put back together.

Hope this helps some and wanted to let you know that it's not a hard fix. The only hard part is just fixing the scrapes (where the paint was removed) on the wing and bumper/ rub strip. :)

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate

i know that it is not serious damage but it is the knowing that it is damaged that bothers me more and the fact that others dont care what damage is caused and just drive off and i will post some pic?s of the car that did it and then you will get the idea of how little most people could not give a tos* in this country

·
Registered
196 Posts
If she refuses to pay go to the cops and file a complaint...thats an accident and she didn't leave her details and its an offence...trivial and harsh I know but if shes not willing to pay for the damage shes gotta pay some how

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If she will not pay then i will block her car in and call the cops and untill the corect amount of small change appears it will not move an inch

That you can be sure of mate[;)]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Unfortunately....in this crazy country we live in...the cops will more than likley have your car towed at your expense cos your blocking access to her property...its stupid especially when she has hit your car...make a complaint...far easier and then when she still doesn't want to pay out and you make a claim on her insurance its just more ammo against her cos she drove off

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She was suposed to come to my house a 21:00 to sort it out but she has not turned up yet so the car would be on my property[;)]

·
Registered
352 Posts
When I was hit he told me he didn't want to go through insurance. I said ok and gave him 2 days to sort it out, and get me the cash for the work at the bodyshop (I had a quote within hours of the crash)

He never called me, I tried to call him, his phone was off and his landline never answered. I took his details to the Police who got me the insurance details and I left the rest to Helphire.

I can't stand people who mess you around.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE!!!

Well she did not turn up last night so i called her this morning and she was all "Sorry i did not see your car there and did not notice that i hit you but we can sort it out"

and then 10 min later i get a TEXT it could not of been me as i reversed the other way!!!!!![:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If she's admitted it and then had a change of mind, she's as guilty as hell. Report it to the police and your insurance company.

When you say big car, what do you mean - Passat or 4x4? What i'm getting at is the level on the car where the damage is may be a big giveaway as would any of her paint from the bumper.

It's a pet hate of mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is a ford mondeo and if you look at the damage it starts at the numberplate on my rub strip, The damage on the corner is where the metal plate that sits behind the tow-bar to protect the bumper had gauged into my bumper so no paint just rust marks on my car

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Check out the cow's towbar to see if there's any bits of paint from your car, and take photo's if need be.
If she won't pay up and you get nowhere, you know what they say - 'An eye for an eye'
(Not that it would really help the situation, but you might feel better)

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok
here is a very bad drawing of the in?s and out?s
the black dotted line is where how she did it instead of driving inbetween my car and the roundaboutwhere there is about a 15 foot gap

Posted Image

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry just few questions from the above drawing...Why is she reversing backwards against the traffic of the roundabout? Is she trying to park into the garage? Have you parked there or was you moving because your front is the wrong way to the direction of traffic? If she admits it was her fault, then report her to police insurance company...at least you got it covered.

Cheers
Gavin

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I said it was a bad drawing LOL[;)]

It is a dead end street and that is where i park my car all the time.
There is very little traffic and she was visiting the house next to me and parked her car between the garages and needed to reverse back out as it is a dead end

·
Registered
46 Posts
Without a doubt i would be reporting this....then you will have a crime number...she is probably not banking on you doing this, that is why she is being awkward....you already had a phone call (i trust you logged it) she sounded guilty as sin.......

dont let her get away with it.....have to say no offence taken but it really does give woman a bad name as said already...............but reassuringly we are not all like that...

SO ANNOYS me the lack of respect people have for other peoples cars.............

1 - 20 of 28 Posts