Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to get a very BRAND NEW NOS kit with the large bottle for around 250 quid with all the fitting kit

comes with 25-50-75-100 and 150 JETS

i think the 50 jet would be ENOUGH or not ?

DO I??[:p]

or DON?T I??[:O]

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought it would be a little more cost efective than having a remap and that would not give me much for what it is going to cost me

so i thought this might be the next best thing and i can use is as and when i want itif that makes ans sense?

the only other way forward is forced induction TURBO/SUPERCHARGER but that is rather a large stack of cash to blow

iwas told that a 50 jet would be ok and would not cause any problems but i am still a little SCARED that it could cause terminal damage

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I read that NOS is one of the best mods you can do to your engine tune wise, if your sensible about jet sizes. Simply being that instead of putting your engine under constant extra stress through air filter, exhaust etc etc that are constantly on the car, NOS is only used when required!

I think you should go for it [Y] [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
anyone with any thoughts??
Check your insurance company will accept it, not many will.
I had my car booked in for an install only to have to cancel due to Liverpool Victoria rejecting it.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car is insured to carry compresed gas and that is all they wanted from me

when i said it was going to be conected to the engine they said " but you are insured to carry it so you already pay the extra"

NO problem

i was NOT going to go crazy with it LOL only a 50 jet so that would take it from 214BHP up to 265BHP when on the NOS

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
anyone with any thoughts??
Check your insurance company will accept it, not many will.
I had my car booked in for an install only to have to cancel due to Liverpool Victoria rejecting it.
*shakes heaad*

Wimp [:p]
LOL @ Tim [:D]

Seriously though, it didn't take me long to realise I had made the right decision. Constant expensive refills are really off putting.
At the price Dent is looking at, it seems quite attractive whereas my install would have been around ?1100 inclusive.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you wont see more than 35-40 bhp from the 50 jets tbh
Would a 75 JET be the better option without putting too much strain the the engine then

i will be doing the install myself and then probably get westec in newport to set up the system

as i dont want the "just hit the big red button and go"

i want it to work of the accerlator with a timed burst.

plus for me to get this sort of power out of a N/A engine would normally cost a vast amount of money

CAMS, CHIP, and allsorts of other bits

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i DID IT!!

got it today and hope to have it done in january fitted with the 100 BHP JET after i fit a new racing head gasket to take that little bit more grunt and at then about march april will have the VF supercharger fitted [:O] MERRY EFIN christmas LOL

bring it on!!!!!!!

LOL cant wait

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi, I'm not trying to sound funny but, you started of saying about being sensible with the jet size and now your going to go with a 100bhp shot. Why? just becuase your upgrading the head gasket.

sorry if that sounds insulting, its not meant to.

Mav

oh btw, I think nitrous is a good and cost effective mod

·
Registered
873 Posts
By the sounds of it you don't know much about nos or how it works! Its not something u can just whack in and hey presto i have another 50bhp. It needs to be set up perfectly so that you don't have a stupidly un even air to fuel ratio as it will just cause detonation.

Someone i used to work with as a fitter and supply of nitrous oxide and spends a lot of time testing and setting up each application. As for jet sizes. He didn't recommend anymore than the 120bhp on a ford cobra he tuned. I watched him doing test runs in it and god damn it was stupidly dangerous lol.

Nos should also be set up so that it only works on full throttle and will cut its self of as soon as you let off.

Insurance wise i was pretty sure that Adrian flux were the only people that would insure nitrous to be fitted to your car, and even then it could only be used on track. So i think the person you spoke to doesn't know what it is or what it does.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea. I think its great! but make sure its done properly. I know you've spent a lot of time and money on that car and i wouldn't like to see u blow it up or get done over by your insurance company.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You ar quit correct mate

i have no clue to NOS

but on the recomondation of a tuning company and the fact that the engine has done 100333 miles the head gasket will be changed anyway so why not go for something better i said to myself

PLUS if you have a look at a previous post i stated "I will be fitting it and WESTEC PERFORMANCE in newport will be tuning it and setting it up so it is correct and if it needs be a smaller jet than so be it

and a 900 quid kit with 15KG bottle for 350 quid is a good price if you aske me lol

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apart from changing the pads over to red stuff and the discs over to ECS nothing mate LOL 4 pot brembos and 4mo rerars should do the trick lol

sorry i am just in a very good mood with a few ?s inside lol

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
COMPLEAT KIT mate

have had a look at it just now and it is also included

i was origonally purchased for a scooby but the guy never colected it but had paid a 450 quid deposit for the kit and that was about 1 year ago

·
Registered
811 Posts
LOL, this sounds exciting doesnt it! 100 jets would be nice tbh. THe engine will easily hold that sort of power provided that its done correctly. As you say, if Westec are doing it its no worries... I assume they give you a warranty with their work. the progressive controller is the essential component here... its whats going to stop you having a shooot load of Nitrous being dumped into the engine at low revs...

I look forward to the results... hopefully get us a few videos sorted.

Oh and the supercharger sounds SUPERB... keep it coming, there arnt many "tuned" 6 pots on here... well not beyond the remap, exhausts, cams phase!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts