Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone on here got nos? im thinking about it as ive gone as far as i can without a big money turbo. i am running 240bhp on the jabba rr.and the car pulls and runs great, i just need a bit more, you know how it is[:D]i was thinking of progresive 50 shot of nos. has any one looked in to costings or weather it will work ok on a golf.

Starry......

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
JBS are on 01246 550 400, website is http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/

They've fitted NOS to at least 4 1.8T's that I know of but don't think any of them are members on here. One thing to bear in mind which JBS will be able to confirm is that you may not be able to run NOS with your current Jabba remap as the timing may be set too high, however Jabba could probably sort this for you. This is why JBS prefer Revo for this application as the timing can be adjusted with an SPS unit.

·
Registered
811 Posts
THey will probably run it for you but perhaps not a full 50 shot. When i went to get it fitted on the AGU they said it would be fine. Yes i know i have Revo, but the AGU cannot be adjusted for timing.... I was told it will be ok, but probably run 35-40shot.

Unfortunately there were a few 'other' issues.. not software related which ment i didnt get it in the end. Speak to James tho as im sure he'll fit it for you.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Quote: posted by Viperpsych on 21/02/2005 20:36:13

How would you keep the power down, I struggle with about 200bhp.

I wouldn't worry about that. Wilko's running around 300bhp [^]

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it is a bit lively on the front in 1st and 2nd but it will help the q/mile time in 3rd. also when i fist had revo it was the same but then you get used to it, then came the full miltek and got used to that, and now the same with the k03s/jabba map. so i need MORE POWER!!! Tim did you get any costings?

Starry....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Just spoke to James from JBS about this and he says you can run 40-50bhp max with a Jabba remap.

Price for a new kit is ?1200 fitted, however they have a kit in stock that's been used once, it will be fitted with new jets, lines, seals etc and fitted price for that is ?1000.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Can you not just fit a "wet kit" ie a kit that injects nos and fuel through an injector to the remaped 18ts. It would mean there would be theoretically more power available as you do not have to rely in the stock injectors folwing the additonal fuel? stock injectors are lmited to about 275hp arent they?

Wet kits are available off ebay form reputable suppliers for like ?400!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Simch I was thinking that to!!??? I have a 50hp Nitros Express wet kit.. Jabba say dont fit it you'll blow it up! and JBS weren't that helpfull as its not one of thiers so not sure what to do with it?

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
?400 wet kit off ebay, noguarentees engine might go bang, have to fit it yourself.

?1200, tried and tested kit from a reputable tuner, fitted and guarenteed not to make your engine go bang.

Difficult decision that one.

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Do you have the money to rebuild the engine if it goes pop?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts