Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you lot

I will be doing a NOS kit fitting guide in the next few days so hope you will like it

here is the kit so you all get a taster of what?s to come[:p]

Posted Image

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have put all the bits together today ready to fit and apart from a little common sense it is not so bad[Y]

the distructions are quit clear and where and how you fit things is quite easy.

most of the small bits are all part of the system that injects the fuel and NO2 into the intake.

all the fuel side is RED and the NO2 side is BLUE so you cant get the bits mixed up

Andy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I..........................

all the fuel side is RED and the NO2 side is BLUE so you cant get the bits mixed up

Andy
thats what you think lol

hope they printed the manual right about the blue and red bits lol [;)]

i look forward to seeing this [:p]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK here are the first few pic?s if the install for you to have a look at

after assembling the solonoid?s that regulat how much fuel and N2o are injected the first thing was to find a cool place to mount them as the N2o has to stay as cool as possable before beeing injected otherwise it will turn to a liquid to soon.

Posted Image

this is the best place i could find as it has a direct outside air flow

After removing the AIR intake pipe to drill a 7/16 hole for the NOS fogger to go through and then it is held in olace with 2 brass nuts

Posted Image

i have also fitted an extra ajustable FPR to up the presure of the fuel to the fuel solonoid for a better delivery and constand fuel presure

this is not a MUST HAVE but i thought it better to be safe.

Posted Image

All i have to do now is run the braided hose under the car to the boot and conect the micro swithc to the accelerator pead along with the arming switch, loom and relay.

will do some more as i go along

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Good work, look forward to seeing the end result and some videos!? [:p]

How long do you reckon the bottle will last if you used it all up at once??

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it is a 10lb bottle with a 100 BHP jet

on full burst it would probably last about 1-1 and half min

but it would probably be the best 2 minutes of your life LOL

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Since i first see FandF i v wanted to drive a car with NOS. That is gonna feel so fast!!

You gonna have a little injection button on the dash with "GO BABY GO" on it! LOL

Great work mate

Carl [:D]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
If you have a digital controller an 11lb bottle should last 5mins and a 5lb bottle about 2 mins. The nos pipe from my bottle runs under the fabric in the boot and rear seats, not under the car itself - might be better that way.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to see i am not the only loon on here NicB[Y]

what kit do you have? and who is is made by

so i would be ok to put it under the carpet??

where did you get yourdigital controller from

Andy pics of your install?

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well after pulling my finger out i finally got MOST of the pipe work fitted for the N2o bottle in the boot[H]

not a realy hard job but as i wanted the braided hose to be under the car and not running through the car i opted for this

Posted Image

As you can see i have the solonoids right at the front of the car to try and keep them as cool as possable so here they have a NEAR direct cold air flow

Posted Image

Due to the placing of them i had to run the 14FT hose around the batry cover and then down over the ABS pump to the underside of the car

Posted Image

Here you can just make out the ABS pump and the hose was attached to the brake lines with specilist NYLON clips to keep the hose from becoming tangled in the gear linkage or stearing rack

Posted Image

I have run the hose along side of the REAR BRAKE PIPES to try and protect the hose from and road debri that might fly up under the crr and cause any damage, also fixing them with nylon clips and then small self taps screwed into the under body and then with a little BODY SEAL to protect the screws from causing rusting in the bodywork.

Posted Image

Here you can see the path i had chosen to route the hose

Posted Image

Using a cone cutter i have made a hole that is just big enought for the NOS BOTTLE FITTING to pass through and then slid a RUBBER GROMET over the hose to fit nice and snug in the hole (USE SOME PAINT/BODY SEAL TO PROTECT THE BARE METTAL AFTER DRILLING ANY HOLES)

Where i have made the hole is at the back of the rear footwell as high as i could

Posted Image

Here you can see that i have placed the hose around the back seat and under the rear of the back of the seat

Posted Image

And here last but but not compleat into the rather DIRTY [:$]boot ready to conect up to the bottle

before i started and the hose was all coiled up i thought i would NEVER have enought to go from back to front but as you can see i have quite a bit to spare[H]

I hope to have the rest done in the next few days as all i have to do now is wire up the accerlator switch and the relay along with the arming switch, TAP into the fuel line and all should be a GREEN for go[H]

WHO KNOWS IT COULD BE A BANG FOR STOP[:$]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok i will hope to be finishing this off in the morning as i have picked up the N2O bottel today as i am nearlly done[H]

tomorrow i will be fitting the gas cylinder mounts and fitting the relay?s and switches[H]

Till tomorrow

Andy

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. My kit is a Wizards of NOS kit and it was fitted by JBS. All of it is done very neatly so that there's very little to see. I do have some pics somewhere but there really isn't much to see.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi Andy, looks like you,ve had your work cut out there. Hope all goes well. Are you going to drive around "armed" all the time ,resist the temptation by having it dissabled until you know your going to need it and then "arm" up or are you going to fit a remote bottle opener for those sudden traffic light urges.[Y]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am going for the remote opener but need to save a little first LOL

have you seen the price of that poxy bit of kit[:O]

got to get a kitchen sorted out LOL[:p]

it was not that hard to fit and i will be covering all the shiney braided hosed with wrap around just to try and keep it stealth

and when the engine cover is back on you will not see much

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All done bare the smiling[:D]

BOY is that stuff FUN[:D]

i have to fit the arming switch in the morning but all is well and goes like a BAST***[:D]

Dope forgot his camera today so i will have to do a chase up tomorrow for you all[:D]

not much to show but hope you will like and COULD help [:D]

Andy

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi andy,im no expert but i was told the distance between the solenoids and injector must be less than 12" otherwise you will get a build up of gas in the lines and it won't work to it's full potential! yours sesms quite long from the photo? 

1 - 20 of 39 Posts