Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December 12th 2004

Meeting at 1.30pm on Sunday at St. James' Park, then onto the roads around Sage for some motion shots.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Cool, will have a drive up... as long as i dont get lost lol

I apologise now for the mess my car is in lol!

Is tehre any meet to drive up from the south of the region... IE Darlington Etc??

·
Registered
270 Posts
I probably won't be in my car as I've been leaving it at home seen as free permanent parking is such a female dog near St James for me.

I will be there though!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Quote: posted by Ricardo on 08/12/2004 19:52:34

Graham you slacker get that flagship model along. Parking should be free IIRC from last time.

See everyone there.

I *think* i may be taking him up in the MK V LOL!

·
Registered
299 Posts
ill be there!!! but its going to be a nightmare with all the xmas shoppers in the town!!! parking will be crap at that time! are we all parking up then goning somewhere? or just meeting there and then going onto sage area? which car park do u guys have in mind to meet at?

million questions haha. cheers. mark. [:D]

·
Registered
697 Posts
I will give Ricardo some stickers when he calls round for the camera. so he can sell them on the day, ?1 each guys.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Stickers?? Who mentioned stickers? [:eek:)]

Any chance of posting some up for us lowly Scots? [:(] I'll sort out some numbers & get the money to you?

Failing that, if you do go down Gerard, instead of going to Crail - you need to pick some up!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
So what happens if we get to ST james and we cant get parked at all??

This will hopefully be my fist meet and i dunno wot i am doin lol

·
Registered
712 Posts
In case anyone does get lost - we are ending up here:

Clicky

You see should the aerial map, move you mouse over it and you will see the OS map as you move your mouse. The place we are going hasn't been built yet on that photo, but look for the roundabout off the A1 where it says North Brunton - it's just around there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I mite pop along to this aswell. Just had my new wheels fitted so I could be tempted to show them off. Are there any definate plans?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well, as Rich is currently driving home and I'm about to go out, let's try this - if anyone disagrees, please state it.. also please check this thread before you set off!!!

1. Meet at St James at 1:30pm and see what the situation is... hang around for a bit, and then...

2. Move onto the second site for 2pm (my last post has the map link)

One idea I've just had - to prevent people getting lost at junctions etc, can everyone put a folded up piece of A4 paper (into A5 size) or any bit of paper for that matter, on the back window (which isn't obstructing your vision!!)

This way, you can keep track of the people in front of you, and any stragglers not sure of who's who in a car park can be sure people are there for the meet (and not accost people who've just done their xmas shopping asking if they're there for a meet!)

Please remember, no loud music, no burn outs/hand brake turns etc etc otherwise we're bound to be turfed away by over zealous security guards/police (we're not sure if they're public roads on the business park or not yet)

Hopefully this will work and no one will get lost. Unless you're Graham. [:p]

·
Registered
766 Posts
guys i'm going to miss this one, would have liked to pop down and catch up with u all, deffo be down for a spring meet[:)]

have fun

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Quote: posted by MikeP on 11/12/2004 18:32:28

Hopefully this will work and no one will get lost. Unless you're Graham. [:p]

Thats me screwed then...i am goin up with graham!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts