Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all

My drivers side window has dropped into my door.....is it an easy job to sort and is it expensive??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Jimbo

*EDIT*

If your mkiv is under 6 yrs old vw will sort it free of charge, but only when the part has actually broken! They won't do it if you ask them to replace the plastic regulator with a metal one if your windows are still working properly!!

SWEET.......very happy bunny!![:D]

·
Registered
965 Posts
Its relatively easy you can buy a regulator fixing kit from VW for under ?20 do a search on here as there has been lots of threads about it....

[:D]

·
Registered
965 Posts
Don't sell ya self short. I am sure if you give it a go you will do it. PM j40hnw if you get stuck he did both my fronts when they went [;)]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be sweet as mate....not sure what I need to get tho.....will I just need the metal regulator? Whats the repair kit?

·
Registered
112 Posts
is it is a MK4 GO TO THE DEALER!!!!  WARANTEE!!!!!  I got both of mine under warantee before it happened!  there was a recall on them

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Go to the dealers and dont let them tell you that they no longer do the repair kit, its a load of crap, they tell everyone the same story.

the kit is about ?28, I dont know where Katy got hers but if it was ?20 it was a very good price.

It is a simple fix, but requires a little patience, just take your time and you'll be OK. I think VW charge about ?160 for the 'privilige' of fixing it for you !!!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont wanna give any money to the stealer just on principle......160 quid, what a rip off!!  I wonder if the warranty idea would work.....be a reet result if it does!?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was told by my friend that works at Northgate in Bury that all mk4's are covered under that window recall
SWEET!! I'll give it a try then.....do you see this mate frequently?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is it is a MK4 GO TO THE DEALER!!!! WARANTEE!!!!! I got both of mine under warantee before it happened! there was a recall on them
Has anybody else had their windows sorted this way?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Go to the dealers and dont let them tell you that they no longer do the repair kit, its a load of crap, they tell everyone the same story.

the kit is about ?28, I dont know where Katy got hers but if it was ?20 it was a very good price.

It is a simple fix, but requires a little patience, just take your time and you'll be OK. I think VW charge about ?160 for the 'privilige' of fixing it for you !!!!!!
The other half gets trade so cheaper than usual.... you should always just go and ask for trade price they usually do it.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Cheers, I always ask "is that the best you can do ?" and they always say, "thats the trade price !!".

The lying barstewards !! I'll go in a pair of dirty overalls next time...[;)]

·
Registered
965 Posts
Cheers, I always ask "is that the best you can do ?" and they always say, "thats the trade price !!".

The lying barstewards !! I'll go in a pair of dirty overalls next time...[;)]
LOL or just clock a garage or company that would use VW for parts remember their name and say you work for such and such, they rarely ask you anyway. I asked for Trade when I had to get my key fob sorted out. I got a real good deal there only paid about ?3 in all as also got 25% off for having a 1999 car. was really impressed [;)]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts