Well, after 10 years I've finally decided to sort the exhaust out. It's never been a good fit and the rear pre box hanger is significantly modified to accommodate the out of position tang.
It has been loosening at the joint before the rear beam every 6-9 months, irrespective of clamp count/tightness etc!
As the car is running so well, with all the fluids changed, cam belt done and clutch sorted I decided enough was enough.
I am going to delete the rear tips and go discrete with the R-line rear. I still have 2 lower plastic inserts and I refuse to cut another up to let the tips through. The current lower insert has now cracked around where the exhaust tip hole was cut, so it's almost throw away.
Just need to make sure I use a heat screen to stop the rear end melting.
Some smooth bottom pics will be here soon.