Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
On the front wheels 8 is not visible anymore. On the rear tyers only one tyre have 8 visible but second tyre don't. Should I worry about it? I know front tyres are tend to degrade faster, but I mean rear tyres here. Why on the one rear tyre 8 is visible but on the other don't.
I mean uneven tire wear.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Light
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
@locarno you worry to much the thread is deep enough... as long as the inner walls have no damage I wouldn't worry and just keep going with them...

Ps if they aren't directional you can swap them around... if the tires are directional they'll have the running direction stamped on the tire wall with an arrow pointing in the running direction. Needless to say in that case you can only go back to front and vice versa one side... not swap left to right and vice versa.

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
also the ware level indicators are those little raised rubber bits in the grooves not the number stamped in the rubber, that probably is a production number specifying the thread for the specifications for the type of tire it is... have a look on youtube for tire fabrication and you'll see how some brands put on the thread and how the pattern for that certain tire is selected.

also look at how re-molded tires are made it'll clarify a lot to you ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts