Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a long battle with VW Customer care, its So long to the VW brand for me.

The Black GTI has been sold, the white one has been cancelled and I pick up my new Focus ST up on Monday.

As many of you will know Ive always had some kind of VW for years and years. After owning many many MK4's without ever having a waranty problem, the MK5 has been nothing but a nightmare to own.

What makes it worse is that VW Costomer Care - Dont !

They are a shambles and have been rude, and unbelivable in there responce to my problems. If you are thinking of a GOLF MKV be very careful, I and a number of people that have owned one have had a terrible experiance.

VW YOU HAVE LOST YOUR WAY - THE JD POWER SURVEY PROVES THIS - TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR SISTER COMPANY SKODA - They where the laughing stock of the motor trade once, now look whos laughing.

YOUR DEALERS ARE AS BAD AS YOUR OWN COMPANY

·
Registered
689 Posts
Good for you Wish.

The mk5 was my first VW and will be my last. I'm currently 'living' with my niggles until i change as i just cant be arsed going to the dealers anymore.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Wish - What problems did you have with your Golf? Touch wood, I've not had a problem with mine apart from a few niggles in the beginning that were fixed straight away, without fuss.

And how come you got an ST so quick? Let us know you thoughts on the ST when you get it, I'd be interested in how it compares to the GTI from someone that's had a GTI for a while.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an ST for a couple of hours the other day

It feels better built that the golf, the seating position is a little different, its kind of got a deeper foot well in it.

Speed wise, its very manageble, the golf always wanted to just go (if you know what i mean) the ST hasnt got the high reving take off the Golf had, but 0-100 the ST feels miles miles quicker. from 30 mph and 3,000 revs she pulls like a train.

Dare is say the engine note reminded me of a Aston, LOL honest. Its an incredable sound.

The only hesitating i have of the ST is the mass production of the thing, dealers were give twice there allocation this month (DEC) than they thought they where going to get.

But being one of the first i should be ok for 8 months or so.

Do you know my GTI will be a year old on the 10th JAN ..... time flys

·
Registered
44 Posts

It feels better built that the golf, the seating position is a little different, its kind of got a deeper foot well in it.

Speed wise, its very manageble, the golf always wanted to just go (if you know what i mean) the ST hasnt got the high reving take off the Golf had, but 0-100 the ST feels miles miles quicker. from 30 mph and 3,000 revs she pulls like a train.

Dare is say the engine note reminded me of a Aston, LOL honest. Its an incredable sound.

The only hesitating i have of the ST is the mass production of the thing, dealers were give twice there allocation this month (DEC) than they thought they where going to get.

But do the cuffs match the collars? Noticed my mate just rejected his ST due to build quality

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, Mines OK as its a black one.

Ive seen some Blue ones and they have terrible colour match

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

So I'm guessing you pretty much walked into the dealers and was able to get one straight away more or less? Was it because you weren't to fussed by the spec or by chance they had one with the spec you wanted?

I sat in one at MPH05 and I didn't think the cabin was anywhere near the quality of the Golf, but horses for course and all that...the noise on Top Gear was fantastic though, Golf couldn't match that, that's for sure!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well I have had vw's for 6 to 8 years now how time flys one word customer service "what there is none" thats why I went for a vrs fabia. Vw needs to chance in a big way to get me to go back to them they went bad after mk3 what to you think?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ford ain't no better. There are plenty of ST's out there, you just cannot be fussy, you either buy one with a spec that ford decided or you don't. I doubt if there is much in terms of discount either

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Ford ain't no better. There are plenty of ST's out there, you just cannot be fussy, you either buy one with a spec that ford decided or you don't. I doubt if there is much in terms of discount either
No discount on a ford? Your kidding! Especially this time of year

There's always a discount available you just need to know how to get it.

J.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yep, Mines OK as its a black one.

Ive seen some Blue ones and they have terrible colour match
Wish, what sort of spec are you getting on the Focus? Is it an ST2 or ST3? And (if you don't mind me asking) what sort of money are you getting it for as I am seeing the Ford Dealer this week.... be handy to know what I can ask for in discount terms.

Thanks

Tony

1 - 20 of 21 Posts