Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery's Flat!

Seems she may have been a little too cold last night, either that, or someone up there dont like me. Car wouldn't start this morning. I must admit i have only been driving to the station every morning for the past week or so and no major journeys, maybe thats what it was. Needs a good run.

Anyway, i'll jump start her tonight and do a round trip of the UK. Should do the trick [;)]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
yeah i had to do the battery yesterday.

it died 2 weeks ago in the middle of the day so i junmped it and went for a bit of a drive and since then it'd been starting but not perfectly and then yesterday morning...absolutely nothing

i got one of halfords calcium heavy duty ones...?60

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Can't remeber the details but I got a very good deal on a quality battery at Eurocarparts at the indusrtial estate on Woodford Avenue. I got extra disciunt cos my brother runs Alltyres next door but I'm pretty sure it was a decent price anyway.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Quote: posted by Sceptic on 24/02/2005 09:13:06

Anyway, i'll jump start her tonight and do a round trip of the UK. Should do the trick [;)]

Becarefull doing that as I was only chatting with a mate last night that works in AA Technical Services and he was saying how many German cars that have ECU issues after they have been jump started. The jump start sometimes kills them, including on Mercs.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Skyline doesn't come out in bad weather.

My black GTI was washed and waxed yesterday, its now salt white. LOL!

Either way let me know, remember Halfords close later @ 8pm, so we could go when you're back from work. Its no bother!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shame the Skyline cant come out to play, love to see it though.

I dont think i'll go tonight but i shall let you know all the same. Thanks for the help. I'll keep in touch

cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts