Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a FIS display be installed in a no FIS set of clocks in order to run something like FIS Control ??
The clocks have computer functionality it's just the display is where the clock is on mk4 clocks.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To answer my own question...
No, you can't full fis a non fis display.
Dammit.

There may be other options though......

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
I was about to link to the full fis topic... since his skoda vrs is just a VW underneath all the exterior differences i see no reason for this it won't work reply... as long as you got VDO clocks you should be fine Siemens rb8 clusters are PITA.... So all that is stopping you is your quest is to find VDO full fis IMMO3 clocks for your skoda vrs. and afaik all the skoda's have at least immo2 clocks aka as it is doable just not as easy as you'd expect. but as long as you follow the instructions you should be able to do it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's a chunk of time reading... Gonna have to wait til my glasses are fixed..

What I was asking was can the centre full fis display be fitted into non fis clocks - I've not had a set of skoda clocks apart but ard says it can't.

But I can fit full fis clocks. I have immo3.

Presumably the foils will just swap over from the vrs... It has to look original.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
afaik the skoda vrs has been made with the full fis clocks too so if you are looking look for those unless you already have a set of the 1.8t full fis clusters in that case you split the lot and swap the it all over.. should all fit.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
afaik the skoda vrs has been made with the full fis clocks too so if you are looking look for those unless you already have a set of the 1.8t full fis clusters in that case you split the lot and swap the it all over.. should all fit.
It had 'maxidot' which is super rare, super expensive and (I think) a massive ballache to fit.. from what I can gather..

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Nah that is the new one that is a full lcd screen, yes that would be a royal pita to fit... but afaik there should be a full fis available and if there isn't you should be able to make a mk4 full fis fit.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah that is the new one that is a full lcd screen, yes that would be a royal pita to fit... but afaik there should be a full fis available and if there isn't you should be able to make a mk4 full fis fit.
Mk1s had maxidot as an option.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dude have a look here... find someone that solders tech for a living with steady hands... or just get a mk4 immo3 full fis clocks from VDO get some aftermarket foils for the maxidot version and done...
I think if I were going colourmfa I'd go to ard (or do it myself, my soldering is pretty good), but I think it looks too modern for the car..
Looks like I could get a maxidot cluster for about £100 if I'm patient.. £200 if I'm not.
It's not high priority, I can wait..

I was just hoping the guts of the clocks (non fis and full) would be the same so I could add a display relatively easily.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
was just hoping the guts of the clocks (non fis and full) would be the same so I could add a display relatively easily.
it seems to be the same mate according to that website but since it's translated.... i will hold off on saying it fits, it seems to look that way though.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
You cannot fit a screen from a FIS cluster onto the board of a non-FIS cluster. You have to replace the entire cluster. Coding it is easy.
Follow the link they actually disagree with you....
But I wouldn't try it.. what I would do is get a full fis cluster and try to fit it into the vrs cluster if I was in his shoes.

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,121 Posts
Follow the link they actually disagree with you....
But I wouldn't try it.. what I would do is get a full fis cluster and try to fit it into the vrs cluster if I was in his shoes.
Where does it say that, I can't see it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts