Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Nissan 350Z

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  18ME 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just seen the car today at work,the sales manager of one of the engineering firms that do work for us.he picked it up yesterday.IMHO smart as,what a sports car should look like-muscles,looks and menacing.The ownerlives in the Scarborough area and the firm is based there.

Best Regards

yogibear

#7 ·
A friend of mine has just picked up his 350z with the GT pack and RAYS Engineering Magnesium wheels! He has the Orangy colour (Can't remember what it is called) and it looks fantastic! The sound it makes! Wow! I thought the R32 sounded nice, but this just sounds downright mean! The sort of noise that will make, animals, young children and the elderly run for cover!

I am now seriously considering part-exchanging my R32 for a 350Z with the Nismo kit and tuning package in the new year! Especially as R32's seem to be common around my way! [;)]

Jeffers

#8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Jeffers

A friend of mine has just picked up his 350z with the GT pack and RAYS Engineering Magnesium wheels! He has the Orangy colour (Can't remember what it is called) and it looks fantastic! The sound it makes! Wow! I thought the R32 sounded nice, but this just sounds downright mean! The sort of noise that will make, animals, young children and the elderly run for cover!

I am now seriously considering part-exchanging my R32 for a 350Z with the Nismo kit and tuning package in the new year! Especially as R32's seem to be common around my way! [;)]

Jeffers
You can't seriously think the 350Z sounds better than your R32[?[:O]

I really considered buying one, even sorted out colour combo, spec etc. It was going to be Gunmetal Grey with Alezan (orange) leather with GT pack and Rays. The only reason I didn't order it was because after my test drive it didn't sound as special as the R32, so I've ordered another R32 instead. I suppose if it had been better weather then I may have thought differently but the R32 will be the much better bet over the next few months.

#9 ·
quote:

You can't seriously think the 350Z sounds better than your R32?
As much as I hate to admit it, I do!

It's all just a thought at the moment, although I have been to look at a 350z in Azure Blue with the Rays and GT pack (blinking nice it is too!) and the insurance is about the same as the R32. Ahhh! This is how I started with the R32!

First things first though, I have to get a full time job in the next 2 or 3 months as this part time, 4 hours a day lark is just not right!

Jeffers

#12 ·
Don't get me wrong, the R32 is a fantastic car and I'm very lucky to have one. The exhaust note is is mean and gives the car more presence. It is a lot of fun to drive as well, especially in this wet slippy weather - very grin inducing as if you need it when driving this car!

I doubt I will swap it for a 350z, but it's a thought running around in my head causing mayhem! I'll just have to drive the 32 more to silence it! [:D]

Jeffers

#17 ·
Quote: posted by Dellboy on 19/12/2003 15:56:26

Just been to test drive a 350Z and am very close to ordering one, they have a gun metal one with the GT pack and RAYS wheel available for end of Jan.

Just need to do some sums and check out insurance!

Could be my first Jap car after 3 golfs and a A3!

Thats what I test drive and was thinking of ordering, but with Alezan (orange) interior.

#19 ·
Quote: posted by Dellboy on 19/12/2003 17:56:59

so your sticking with the R32? how did they compare?

Yep, I'm buying another R32. I personally think it sounds better than the 350z but the main thing is that it will be better over the next couple of months in this crappy weather.

#20 ·
Apologies for waking an old thread, but I'm starting to succumb to the charms of the 350Z now. Every time I see one I get that "want one" feeling. It's even, rather shockingly, replaced the S2000 (which I have wanted for ages) in my next car Top 5.

Oh and one pulled out of a junction infront of me the other day and all I can say is that the exhaust couldn't have been legal - awesome[:D]

Trouble is, unless I go for an Import, there's nothing out there apart from brand new ones - and they're ££££s !

#21 ·
Quote: posted by spanner on 14/01/2004 10:36:14

Apologies for waking an old thread, but I'm starting to succumb to the charms of the 350Z now. Every time I see one I get that "want one" feeling. It's even, rather shockingly, replaced the S2000 (which I have wanted for ages) in my next car Top 5.

Oh and one pulled out of a junction infront of me the other day and all I can say is that the exhaust couldn't have been legal - awesome[:D]

Trouble is, unless I go for an Import, there's nothing out there apart from brand new ones - and they're ££££s !

You can get a new one for list as they still have some left, but it would be full GT pack with Rays. If you wait a little longer you could get a non GT (std car) for list if you can wait a couple of months for I think about £24k. Cheap car for the performance.

Unfortunately it didn't ring my bell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.