Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my bosses new car from yesterday...

Posted Image

A Nissan 350z, 280 BHP, 3.5 V6, 0-62 5.9 secs...

Why aren't VW or Audi making cars like this???? It looks like a TT (a bit) is built like a TT much is a much more powerful, purposeful looking car. Nice thraty exhaust note and hard suspension. Lovely car...

What do you think???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Been in a passenger in one, and it is absoloutely lovely. Good amount of torque and the exterior is just so chunky looking. And the one above has the optional 18" wheels which just makes it look soo much better.

Excellent car, and like you said, why cant VW/Audi make some like this??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well when nissan opened up the order books for the 350Z i think like back in march time, all 3500 cars were sold out within like half a day. But deliveries have started in October, so slowly cars will arrive. But i dont know the situation now.

Maybe pop down to your local dealer and see what they have to say

·
Registered
229 Posts
You are looking at a Feb / March delivery. BTW - the Orange with black leather / piped in orange looks fantastic !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I test drove one a few months ago, huge amount of power from low down but did not deliver a big thrust as I expected. Has a funny vibrating gear stick at neutral. lol

Feels very heavy too and has an absolutely tacky interior thanks to Renault but for £24k its very good VFM.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Got some photos of the convertable 350z in Florida at the weekend, looked nice.

Are we going to get the convertable in the UK. (I'm not gay or owt - just asking)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I do like the 350Z, but i was put off by a guy from the dealers who thought it drove like an old sierra [:(], no emotion. granted it's nice looking etc but he said he wouldn't swap a 32 for it.

haven't driven one myself so only passing on his comments [:)]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have heard good things about that Vel Satis engine although I haven't driven it yet. I think Audi has something up its sleeve for this model seen a few concept TT2 models which look well smart. Pity Audi/Vw look to be steering away from the old 1.8T 4 block engine :(

·
Registered
446 Posts
Still not sure about this car, saw 3 last night!!! Can see them becomming as common as the TT. Something about Jap motors that aren't quite as refined or elegant as german cars. Might aswell buy a scooby, although i'd probably change my opinion after having a go in one [;)]

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Saw one up close and personal this morning. In fact sat next to it for the morning while having a meeting with someone who has a home office in a large very upmarket garage! It definitely has presence in that silver/grey colour. Looks the business from the outside but I have no idea how it performs.

Chris

·
Registered
771 Posts
Saw a black one at lunchtime. Very tidy.

Design cues from both the 911 and the TT. Nissan have made a good job of it if you ask me. Much better than the Crossfire thing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Test drove one before getting the R32.

Power delivery was great, the looks were fantastic but wasn't sure of the interior quality (it had 4.5k on it and a very bad dash rattle), need back seats and 2nd to 3rd was VERY notchy. Much harder work to drive than an R32.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like a JDM car not a UK one. The JDM has a really grotty cubby lid that rattles and different materials to the UK car. Dunno why 2nd to 3rd was notchy, my gearbox is slick all the way through (though 5th to 6th was a bit stiff for the first 500 miles).

But if you need back seats then you really must rule out 350Z's, Boxsters, 911s, TVRs, Caterhams and Lotus's etc, UNLESS you spend your metallic paint budget on an "emergency 2CV". I did when I had the Boxster and it was a great combo! Just a thought....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts