Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday, (23rd) i posted a question regarding a knocking from my 4mo, however........

sometime before 4am on friday morning i was awaken by a knocking on my front door.

it was a rather nice police officer, bearing bad news. my 2002 "y" reg 4Mo was missing from my drive.

it had been stolen. and nearly 24 hours later, there has been nothing from the police.

i now fear the worst.... RIP 4Mo....

my Dad died 9 weeks ago, and i was only just coming to terms with his death. this has set me back to square one.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Sorry to hear that - never a good time for it, but it must be even worse after yout recent bereavement.

Did they break in to get your keys?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, hope the police catch the thieving gits. Must be the last thing you need. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Yer sorry to hear this too. Sounds like they didnt break in to your house to get the keys? So that's one positive to come from it all if you can call it that I suppose.

Car's can be replaced etc try not to let it get you down at a hard time.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Please accept my condolences. This is not a good time for you to be dealing with the hassle of sorting out a stolen motor. W36 is right.

Out of curiosity, how did the Police know your car had been nicked before you?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that - never a good time for it, but it must be even worse after yout recent bereavement.

Did they break in to get your keys?
Yes.. they broke into my kitchen and went through all the drawers and found my keys

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear about this. Please accept my condolences. This is not a good time for you to be dealing with the hassle of sorting out a stolen motor. W36 is right.

Out of curiosity, how did the Police know your car had been nicked before you?
there is a farm at the end of my road (60 yards away), who were having their bulk milk delivered. they saw the car being pushed off my drive by 3 hooded blokes, who then started the car and sped off. they then contacted the police

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.... and thanks to everyone who replied.

does anyone know how long insurance companies wait to see if vehicles are recovered before agreeing to pay out?

im with More-than

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Oh sugar!!! Really sorry to hear about your car, & your father.

Hopefully everything works out for you.

Don't let things get you down mate.

Keep us posted.

All the best.

Dan

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My car has been found in Liverpool, about 30 miles from were i live, and is currently parked in a garage. I dont the extent of any damage, if any, but i dont have any keys for it. Will my insurance company arrange collection of my car and have it inspected for any damage? Or will i have sort all that myself?, How do i do that if havent got any keys for it??????

Neil

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
That's potentially great news, hopefully it was just cooling off before they used it in some blag and it's undamaged.

I take it the police found it, are they not taking it away to fingerprint it etc? VW might be able to get you a key with some basic details?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's potentially great news, hopefully it was just cooling off before they used it in some blag and it's undamaged.

I take it the police found it, are they not taking it away to fingerprint it etc? VW might be able to get you a key with some basic details?
yes, the police found it this afternoon. it is being fingerprinted in the morning.

you say VW may be able to give me a key?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thats a bit of a result! Lucky your car has alloys otherwise you may be missing a set of hubcaps!

Hope you get it back undamaged and the scum who knicked it is involved in a horrible accident with a combine harvester.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have the police told you where your car is?? Great news getting it back[Y]
just that it is at a garage in Liverpool.

not much help really (other than i have their phone number)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Its more than Likely one of the Recovery companies, I would ring them asap as your car will be incurring charges whilst there,

I reckon there will already be ?200 worth, What happens is the police
find the car, rather than leave it possinbly insecure they cALL A 3RD
PARTY TO recover it and put it in a secure yard, now that 3rd party
recovers there costs from either an insurance company of from the
vehicle owner average recovery is ?120 and then storage of ?30 A
day..... so ring them and get the car back asap..... as if there is no
damage or if you have a big excess it is not worth claiming so the
cossts will come out of your pocket......

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
That's what happened to my neice last August. Scum took her car to get home from the match, police found it in Wigan and they got a recovery firm to move it. It was with them for one night and they charged her ?230, her excess is ?300 so she had to pay out of her own pocket.

As Andy said above get the car back asap.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts