Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions as to when and where the next one is going to be?

Initially i'm thinking the 26th...Would that suit everyone?

Plus, i really liked Mark's suggestion regarding the change of location frequently...Much fairer idea.. [Y]

...So has anyone had any further thoughts as to the location?

Have any of you got a nice little pub nearby which serves good food?

I hope im not being a tad impatient in starting this thread guys, but i always enjoy these little get togethers! [:D]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi there.

As a newish member, I popped along to the last meet at the Romper, but arrived after the food as I brought along the better half and the kids (but not the credit card!!!). This was about 40 ish miles each way, but easy to get to as it is straight down the M56. I would have liked to come along to the last one, but the trip was a little too far. The idea of a rotation system for venue sounds great (or something fairly central). It's good to get together. I would very much like to come along to as many as I can. Looking forward to the next RRday aswell as I couldn't make the last.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yea same here i missed the last one as i was in work till midday  and by the time i had got out and changed it would have been pretty pointless me coming up so i would agree with a rotation or a central place of meetin lookin forward to the next meet

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lol's @ Ryan....i was just about to post exactly the same thread,you beat me to it! Yeah im up for another one,deffo. Must admit i enjoyed the last one,there's some pretty nice roads up your neck of the woods. Oh yeah,and that caramel apple granny! Mmmm! Lol's. Having different venues seems to be a popular idea,so lets see what we can come up with. There's a nice place to eat not far from me,but i suspect parking may be a problem,which isnt ideal. Time to get me thinking cap on,and see what i can find. Paul.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi guys,

Would a meet near Chester be out of the question? There is a nice place on the Cheshire Oaks place. There is a nice pub just at the entrance (opp the Sainsbury filling station). Anyone familiar with Chesh.Oakes would know where I'm on about.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hi guys,

Would a meet near Chester be out of the question? There is a nice place on the Cheshire Oaks place. There is a nice pub just at the entrance (opp the Sainsbury filling station). Anyone familiar with Chesh.Oakes would know where I'm on about.
Are you talking about the Rake?

Hey guys, what about another Wirral meet?? [:p][:p] Just remember how good the last one was! [;)] I could put some organisation into it... Also you get to race down the A540 on the way home!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rye,

It's not the Rake but there is one just off the round about (in the same complex as TGI Friday).

Where's the Wirral meet exactly?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Rye,

It's not the Rake but there is one just off the round about (in the same complex as TGI Friday).

Where's the Wirral meet exactly?

Cheers
Oh right...

We could do it anywhere on the Wirral really. Last time we had it in the Cottage Loaf in Thurstaston and then drove in convoy to Parkgate.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah,Wirral sounds ok to me,not too far,but long enough for a decent drive! Keep us posted. If its gonna be round that area,make sure you pm Curley and Andymac,just in case they dont see this thread. Ah well,seems like all we need now is a nice place with some good food! Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Any update on a venue for this one,guys? Paul.
How about we go to the same pub we went to last time we had the Wirral meet?

Cottage Loaf
Telegraph Rd, Thurstaston, Wirral, Merseyside CH61 0HJ

Then we can go in convoy to Parkgate afterwards to get some scenic shots.

Any more interest in this?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts