Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

After the sucess of our last meet, i'd very much like to carry on and get another meet sorted, obv if you guys are keen? Naturally we're getting to holiday season, so i understand picking a date everyone can attend maybe difficult.

I'd like to propose a different meeting place, somewhere more central, and possibly meeting on a different day too. But as you guys are the ones that make these meets possible, the decisions are up to you!

So, my idea is to meet at J36 Sarn, and go from there and do a) drive to somewhere like Porthcawl or nearby seaside area for chat,pics and whatever or b) go for a meal somewhere in south wales and chat etc...or c) meet at J33, chat and pics? or d) any other?

And meet on a weekday night - Monday for me.

Please post up 1, if you wanna meet? 2, What you think of my ideas above and which you'd prefer? and 3, What day of the week you want to meet?

Obviously we can fix a meeting place like a services for example, then just change where we go each month?, or change everything every month.

Ideas, places, days etc - What do you think??

Gaz

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rolling road day at westec in newport?
I Def think this is a good idea, one i've already considered. Tho, i think it might be better later in the year when the weather isn't so good and there's a few more members etc..(means its cheaper then)....Something like October....

Up to you guys really...

Anymore ideas about July? [:)]

·
Registered
238 Posts

Power Run

A simple power run on our dyno consists of 2 back to back runs measuring power and torque. Printouts of both measurements will be received on completion of the runs.
?45+VAT
both measurements will be received on completion of the runs.
?45+VAT
Works out to bout 52 quid, Obviously we'll have to speak to the boys at westec to try and come to an arrangement when everyones ready

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I've been there before with all the Focus guys (old car) and the more people running the cheaper it was. Good day out and they'll sort us out no probs. Def think its one for the future tho, when we have more members etc..

·
Registered
225 Posts
im up for a meet again definately, (the sooner the better with this blooooody football on, anything to get me out of the house)

i'd prefer sarn or j33 (only cos i live closer hahaha) i dont mind meeting on a weekday but a weekend is better really [:^)]

the rolling road sounds cool, but as im standard i dont want to be embarrassed too much ([:$]), so later on in the year would be cool.

gar

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
im up for a meet again definately, (the sooner the better with this blooooody football on, anything to get me out of the house)

i'd prefer sarn or j33 (only cos i live closer hahaha) i dont mind meeting on a weekday but a weekend is better really [:^)]

the rolling road sounds cool, but as im standard i dont want to be embarrassed too much ([:$]), so later on in the year would be cool.

gar
agreed.

not really bothered when (monday night is worst for me thought) but im not needed at every meet so no worries.

and i prob would do rolling road as theres not much point for me - good i dea though - ill bring me dads car (lol - just joking)

Andy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i should be there to support the cause aswell [:D]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe me and you should just have a meet Ga?? lol....

I know its holiday season, but maybe we just scared them all off after the last meet??... [:'(]

Gaz
LOL, do you rekon??? i think there were some right dodgy looking fellas at the last meet...LOL [:D]

if you do want to meet up bud (for a pint maybe) give me a mail!!

only kidding everyone....seriusly though, when are we all gonna meet up again??

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
woooooooooo - its a hot one today

best plan i think is to pick a time and date and just see who can make it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts