Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should they sack Roeder? Should They get Shepard out and keep Roeder? Should they get the lot out?

I beleive Roeder was a very bad appointment especially at the time when there were a lot of top managers changing/looking for new clubs. Shepard has back the club with funds but his managerial appoints have been very bad. I say sack the lot.

With the speculation of Sven/Curbishly/Houllier being appointed who would you take?

Curbs did very well with Charlton but i think one of the other 2 would be better for the Toon.

Will we stay up or go down?

Dean

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
go down if they don't sort it out. Don't forgive Sven " loads of money for sitting on my Swedish botty " so easily - he did bugger all for England, so why have him for your club ? Roeder should go IMO

·
Registered
567 Posts
For what he did last year he had to be given a chance . But that time is now up . as for ffs yes he has spent 110mil but look at all the sales he has made too . get curbs or big sam he wont take none of dyers shit . or half the 1st team for that matter . Look at luque frozen out again give the guy a chance he is looking better this year . the way things are going i doubt ill be able to watch them v cardiff city next year

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Roeder is to blame as is Shepherd.

Shepherd has made the wrong appointment twice in succession... its all very well saying "no one can never say we dont back the managers financially", but when your backing the WRONG manager thats cardinal. Money has literally been wasted year in year out on foriegn players that clearly arent what we require and/or just wont adjust to the english game.

Sacking Robson when he did was an absolute disgrace. FIFTH in the Premiership.... and what did we get? The sales of our best players, replaced with the likes of Amby Faye and Celestine Babayaro. Is it any surprise the state we're in?

Roeder cannot hide behind the Chairmans errors... his signings in the summer were frankly laughable. He 'strenghened' areas which didnt need it. Duff, good player yes, but we simply did not need him. All its ended up doing is freezing Charles N'Zogbia out of the team, one of the brightest young players in the league.... and hasn't his form suffered because of it. Martins, a lad who doesn't have a history of prolific goalscoring, and was always a huge huge risk as to whether he could adjust. He hasn't, and his movement is very poor for all the pace he has. Rossi, bright, but a long way to go. Irrelevent however, as the fact we are now loaning players from Man Utd is a sorry sight, when only 3 years ago we were challenging them for the bloody title.

I hope and pray for a takeover to get Freddy and Roeder out - between them they are decimating this club. Someone like Curbishley, Sven or Allardyce would be equally catastrophic too. We need a tactically proven winner. Which is why Hitzfeld should have been, and still should be our number one target.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sack roeder, Sack Shephard.? ?What has Shepheard ever done for our club really ???? Have we ever won ANYTHING in the last 30 years ?? NO.? The man doenst give a toss about Newcastle, hes a bloody mercenary after MONEY ! ?Roeder has never proved himself worthy, Hes a manager with no managers experience.? I'd rather Sven sat on the touchline than Roeder.??Just my passionate opinion.??
Sack the board,? sack the board,? sack the board ,?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad someone feels the same about Luque. Why play a winger up front when you have a goalscorer who is scoring goals sat on the bench.

·
Registered
674 Posts
As a watford fan, I was quiet supprised to see how many newcastle fans left the ground early! I know its a long way home, but if you have got the coach down all that way, and then find out you missed a win by penalties must have been gutting!

I personally could never leave a game early - even 5 nil down with a 5 hour drive home!

Glen Roeder is a good manager, the blame should be put on most of the squad who to be fair have been under performing for a very long time. Scotty Parker showed his true self on Tuesday, Ive always rated him.....He did a Shearer and took the game on, and you need players like that when the chips are down.

What happened to Oliver Bernard? He was brought back from Celtic but hasnt played a game yet - you are playing a central midfielder at left back while he sits on the bench? why?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did they leave before we equalized in extra time?

supposidly, benard cannot get fit. I think cltic mad him lose to much weight so newcastle are trying to get him to put it back on.

also is it not the managers job to bring out the best in he players? he isn't doing that so does that not mean he is under performing as a manager?

Dean

·
Registered
92 Posts
Chris,
What makes you think you could get a manager of that calibre? Do you not think fat freddy would of tried that but the best he could get was Roeder?
A manager like Hitzfeld would go to a top Premiership club eg Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal. Newcastle are like the rest of the Premiership now the best they can hope for is a cup win or top 6 finish.
I think you have been very unlucky with your injuries, but every manager at Newcastle seems to have that problem, maybe that is something that needs to be looked at?
Ross

·
Registered
567 Posts
it wouldnt matter what player we get unfortunately we have a knack of sucking all the self confidence out of any player if they dont perform within 5 games . i still as a welshman living close to cardiff watching the toon and cardiff can never understand why chopra went rated him higher than ameobi .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a bad feeling at the start of the season when it was obvious that Ameobi was our "no 1" striker!

I cant see things getting any better over the next few months, if we stay up I'll be over the moon. Just hope when the window opens we buy a couple of strikers and centre halves.

BTW dont expect to see Dyer much this season (or next) apparently the medication he's on for his "illness" limits the games he plays and will slow any recoveries from injury.

·
Registered
567 Posts
no great loss there never really thought much of dyer yes he is fast but he is crap in front of goal and a selfish player and always injured we should have let him go years ago when he was worth something

·
Registered
29 Posts
Agree there, I cant believe we gave him a new contract and 80K a week! And he cant play more than 2 games a month due to his "illness" so he's now worthless, no one would have him.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I am a toon supporter, and yes am very disillusioned as to where the club is going at the moment.

One simple matter to clarify before pointing fingers, over half the first team are out injured or ill...

That may not matter to a team like Chelski, but to Newcastle, with limited funds, that creates a big problem when you dont have billions of pounds of superstars on the bench...

Roeder hasnt done a bad job, better than some of recent times, but fact is he hasnt got that all important experience and CV...he simply isnt a big enough name for the size of the club

The size of the club, and its following, we should have some silverware and success really.

We have had some of the biggest names in football in recent years, but we have also made some terrible signings.

I think we do need a big name manager, someone who can provide the hair dryer rollockings and some discipline.

And someone who can make some decent signings, with the helps of a more eager Freddie chequebook, and get a decent squad together with some big names that can work together, rather than a fragmented team.

I'm sure it will turn around. Relegation is not an option for a club as big as NUFC.

·
Registered
567 Posts
well as much as i dont like dyer got to admit he added something today vs portsmouth that has been missing emre was awsome and martins looked good what can i say about sibierski doing well sun , lets hope this the start of a revival

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
It was very nice to see Newcastle play some smooth, flowing, silky safe football for once. A good watch and a good result for toon fans

3 points in the bag, the only way is up

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought we played pretty well, i suppose the only negative was we didnt score more than once.

Agree with bazking the only way is up. BTW is anyone old enough to remember that getting played before home matches ? [:)]

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Still doing well, and still playing good football with an ever increasing injury list...

I thought 1-0 against Chelski away was a good result, even if it yielded 0 points, it proves we have a team and a spirit that can play with the 'superstars' as it were...

Considering half the team were not 1st team we didnt disgrace ourselves at all.

Roll on today!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts