Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Phil here from Merseyside.

I've had a few Mk3 VR6s in the past, then been through a spate of 3 series, but I fancied something different. I managed to find a 1.8t wagon/estate not far from me. Viewed the other day, seems decent enough for the price, so I pick it up Saturday.

Already booked it in for the cambelt and water pump as there is no history with the car, but it looks solid enough underneath, has a 12 month MOT, and everything seems to work so far. I'm going to make sure everything is right before messing with it, but being a K03s, I believe 200-210bhp is achievable with a map and a down pipe?

Hopefully picking up a set of leather recaros too, because those front seats look a bit grim.

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Window

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Car Seat belt Vehicle Car seat cover Motor vehicle

Car Plant Vehicle Window Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1.8t estates are rare! keep it running!
Yeah, I thought that myself. I was looking at them earlier in the year and they all seemed to be 1.6 or 2.0, bloody autos as well. I'm hoping to keep this one for a while. I've been looking at Anni splitters, 4mo valances. I believe the best suspension for these is from the Octavia VRs Mk1 due to the extra weight over the rear?

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
mwah i would say the best suspension is what VW put on it... but if you want it lowered than you could look at what is available for the octavia vrs mk1 as it would be a tad lower than the standard suspension... but i would actually put it on air-suspension... but that is me..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mwah i would say the best suspension is what VW put on it... but if you want it lowered than you could look at what is available for the octavia vrs mk1 as it would be a tad lower than the standard suspension... but i would actually put it on air-suspension... but that is me..
As much as I love the look of an aired out wagon, I can't bring myself to spend 4 times the cost of the car on suspension :lol:

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
As much as I love the look of an aired out wagon, I can't bring myself to spend 4 times the cost of the car on suspension
I didn't say buy it new... buy a used set from someone breaking his car will come down to 1/3 of the price or less if you haggle...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, first thing I've noticed is the drivers door doesn't lock on the key fob, I have to insert the key into the barrel, so I guess that needs fixing. Also takes a fair while to get to temp, so I'll ask the garage to swap the thermostat out while they are doing the cambelt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts