Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a new member from New Zealand with a query about my son's Golf. It's a 2003 1600 Wagon and during some routine repairs to resolve a slight leak from the thermostat housing I had cause to remove a small circlip and pull out what I thought was the water temp sender from the stat housing. Turns out that it's not the water temp sender although it has the same 2-pin connection plug to it. The business end of this sensor has a fine blue wire embedded in an amber coloured plastic resin. The end is now cracked and when we reconnected the cable to it, we got a warning light on the dash saying 'emission workshop'. I have visited out local VW dealer and they say that I can't buy this part as a separate item but instead i have to buy the entire thermostat housing at $150. Firstly can someone let me know what this sensor is for and secondly can it be purchased separately or is my dealer on the level? Thanks a lot in advance for any guidance as I'm not experienced with VWs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.