Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, sorry for the chavvy user name everything else i normally use had gone:(

hey im nick, ive just bourght my 2001 x reg 1.9tdi bora in metalic blue, located in somerset

Im so pleased with it, and will be doing loads of mods from the Cheap mods for skint people,

ive got a problem with the car though, the driver side courtisy light doesnt work, and it doesnt activate the roof light either when i open the door, i changed the bulb today to no avail, will it just be the fuse,

if so, where is the fuse in the fuse box? and more importantly where is the fuse box lol

and finally has anyone in Somerset got VAGcom?

cheers

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
fuse number 14...

open the drivers door and you will see a plastic panel on the edge of the dash (between the door and dash) you can either, remove the whole plastic cover, or use the little door thats on it to get to the fuses. i normally find it a little to tight for my liking tho.

welcome to the Bora club.. [Y]

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
As above. Much less likely to be a fuse. Usual cause of these symptoms is a faulty door locking module - I've been through 6 of them in as many years of ownership!

Part costs just over £100 from VW and then you need to fit it.

Wigster.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the welcomes :D

the car locks and unlocks fine, and the passangers courtisy light works aswell just not the drivers. il try the fuse tommorrow, is it a full size one or a mini?

if i cant fix it il just run some led strips from the interior feed and have old school puddle lights lol

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
thanks for the welcomes :D

the car locks and unlocks fine, and the passangers courtisy light works aswell just not the drivers. il try the fuse tommorrow, is it a full size one or a mini?

if i cant fix it il just run some led strips from the interior feed and have old school puddle lights lol
aint the fuse then.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi Nick,

I'm in Honiton and have VCDS, VagTacho and VDS-Pro.

Where are you in Somerset?

Does the passenger door activate the roof light?
Might be the door/light trigger mechanism in the drivers door is stuck or loose wiring?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It sounds very silly, but a friend of mine with a Toledo had the same issue. We had the panel off etc and found out it had been wired incorrectly to a permanent live or somehting like that.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
As for VAGCOM a guy in Exmouth i know has it if not look out on another forum called Southwest Dubs and wait for the local meet, someone normally comes with it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just harry, im in ilminster, so not far at all from honiton, would it be possable to come see you some time to use your vagcom?

jazzle, il get my dad to help me get the pannel off at some point as im a total noob :( and yeah the passanger door still activates the roof light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts