Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i would say hi im new to the site and golfs for that matter have just bought a golf 1.8t only pick it up end of week its canyon red (the wifes choice) 88k on clock full history very very clean not sure which engine code its got i currently have a 2.8 v6 syncro vw passat but when the wife passed her test in dec she said it was too big so we have been looking for a golf so i will be looking for any tips on what best mods to do and i will post some pics up at weekend when i get it daveandsian

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
HI & Welcome. [:)]

Sounds like a good purchase you've made. Are you wanting to make performance or visual modifications, or both? Depending on engine code, a re-map gives you the biggest performance increase to 190-200BHP on the earlier AGU cars to 220-230BHP on the later AUM cars. You'll also get improved boost from the turbo with this.

In terms of visual enhancements, pretty much everything has been tried. Best advice I'd suggest is to look through the Members Rides section and see if any ideas jump out at you. There are a lot of similar ideas shared around a lot on here, but that doesn't mean you have to just follow the crowd. [Y]

Above all - enjoy it!

Wigster.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
thanks for the welcome messages there are some great looking motors on here im hoping to fit a dump valve and im unsure wheather to fit and induction kit or just panel i have some 18" rs4's off my passat to put on till i find som others but i cant go too mad as my mrs will be driving it too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts