Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals

im Chris, better known as Gippa. Looking at buying a golf. Was looking at 2ltr ones, but decided better mpg is needed so going for a 1.4 instead.

Anyhow, I found this on auto trader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201304016042832?atmobcid=soc3

owner says in the add it has a misfire on cylinder 1, would this be an expensive repair? Or would I be able to run it for a while until I can afford to get it done? Wonder if its anyone on here selling it? Haha.

I look forward to a reply guys.

Thanks in advance :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bit of a budget problem, that's why am asking the question, will it be ok to run for now until later in the year?

·
Still a newbie
5,822 Posts
Without diagnosing the problem beforehand, it could be anything from 1 failed coilpack to a serious engine problem. And as said it is priced quite cheap so personally i would avoid unless you know what your doing re fixing it.

If you looking for a car with good MPG then the 1.4 and 2.0 petrols arent great choices. My 1.8t GTI probably gives the same mpg as the 2.0 and its got a turbo strapped to it. If your set on a golf mk4 then look at the diesels. PD130 is a great all rounder, GTI spec, cheap tax good mpg and good amount of power

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.