Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there, im new to the site, and new to golf's! so sorry if i ask a lot of questions and seem dumb!

Spend my last penny to buy the car so progress on modifying will be slow, ok VERY slow , but I'll get there in the end hopefully.

Posted Image

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, been wondering on de-badging the front and rear. But with the front how do you replace the semi-circle gap for the Badge?

Any one know of where to get a cheap center cap? as someone's already nicked 1 of my front ones :mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello and welcome! The bug will catch on very soon [:D]

If you buy a debadged grill new, you will get 'infills' to fill both the semi-circles in the bonnet and bumper which will need spraying or a bodyshop will smooth them in for you.

Debadging the rear is easy, dental floss will remove the 'Golf' and 'TDI'. If you want to remove the 'VW' badge this is leave a recess behind, I suggest upgrade to the smaller VW badge found on the Sharan. Have fun bud!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well done the rear end now. Looking into getting the badgless front end, and trying too smooth the bumper [H]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank everyone!

@ dannnylee , does it involve any modification to put a mk5 wiper on it?

don't really want to de-wiper it as my last car had been done and it was a pain in the a** having to stop and clean it [brick] .

I've been looking into buying a front bumper to have a go at smoothing it (don't want to try on mine in case it goes wrong!)

Whats the best thing to do with the grills ? can't seem to find any inspiration on them. Only thing i've thought about up to now was to colour code and put running lights in :/.

R32 bumpers are niice, but i dont have the money to do the full kit so will defo be staying with the standard bumper

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Mk5 wiper should just simply replace your one. The only thing is some of the spindles from the motor are slightly shorter and the new cap may need sanding down a 'mm' or two but mine went on perfect mate! You need a mk5 Wiper Arm, mk5 Wiper arm Cap and surprise surprise a mk5 Wiper blade!

I agree with getting another bumper to try smoothing in case it goes horribly wrong. However I don't agree with anyone putting R32 bumpers and bits onto a non-R32 Golf. Let me know how you get on with the smoothing. [clap]

·
Department of Cheeseburger Consumption
5,677 Posts
My old polo was this colour! It looks so nice, especially after a good wash [:D] Thank god youve de-badged it, i hate when i see cars with the badges stuck on at the wrong heights[:mad:]

Nice motor!

·
Registered
655 Posts
saw your details on the north wales member register, nice car you got there! ill look out for you around caernarfon, i live near pwllheli [Y]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been reading up on the door lock module and the cause of it going hay-wire. Mine has gone as the passenger lock pops back up all the time when i lock the car. People say that re-soldering the connectors will fix the problem but is there any way of confirming it's working before replacing all of the door panel? As im pretty scared of removing the door panel as it is with all the components in the way! lol!

But my local VW wanted £200 to replace the module :/. Also how much should i expect to pay to re-configure my remote for my central locking as that's stopped working? (have put in new batteries)

thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just ordered a debadged front grill so if it arrives this week will post pics. Going to see how it looks black first, and if im not keen will spray it jazz blue to match [:D]

Will also be looking at buying the sharan badge this week , sure i'll be able to find £13.95 somewhere! lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts