Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm a newby on the board so thought I'd best say hello to all.

I'm currently the proud owner of a Black 3dr VW Golf MkIV 1.9 GT-TDi 150bhp Reg: T30 0GGY which is standard to the bone until the warranty runs out :)

It's an all round brilliant car and the best I've had yet. Great performance, easy insurance, fuel economy and my golf clubs fit in the boot! what more could you ask for?

My wife Kim drives a Racing Green VW Bora 1.9 TDi Sport 115bhp on a V plate. Reg K11M UU. It's a beautiful car to drive even when fully loaded with our two kids and all their junk!

We have earmarked an Audi A4 1.9 (or 2.5) TDi Estate to replace the Bora in the next two years or so.

We have two sons, Beck aged 4yrs(named after the singer) & Cole aged 1yrs (because my wife liked the name).

I know it's been going on for ages but I'm just getting into this car cruse thing. I don't get much spare time to go driving round for pleasure what with my young tribe an all. It's hard work being a family dog that I am :)

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from folks on here. I've trawled through the threads this morning and read some interesting stuff. Seems like a nice place this UK-MkIVs forum :)

Oggy

(nickname from primary school which has kind of stuck with me...I'm 32 now)

www.marriedwithkids.tk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't want to start modding engine/exhaust/turbo wise until the warranty ran out just incase something 'expensive' breaks. I don't want to let VW squirm out of a warranty replacement due to something I've modded.

The last service I had at VW Stockport they swapped my oil for a new thinner synthetic performance oil and put me on 'longlife' servicing. A few days later I noticed an oil patch appearing on my drive at home :( I took my car back into VW and they told me a seal had leaked and the turbo was pushing oil into the intercooler.(not sure if that's true I'm far from being a turbo expert)

Anyway VW Stockport replaced my turbo and intercooler on warranty, and I'm still running the same synthetic oil without any problems. Imagine how much that would of cost me if I'd of had my turbo modded....

One thing I was wondering was if those Milltek exhausts really make much of a difference power wise? And if fitting a new exhaust system would invalidate my manufacturers warranty?

·
Registered
487 Posts
TBH mate, many of the members on here have warranty remaining on their cars. The trick is to get stuff that that they cant fault or find! I am sure after being a member on here for a couple of weeks you will begin to develop the 'modding twitch', and then after a couple of months you will have a heavily modified TDI 150, i myself said exactly the same thing when i first came on here and, well, that changed pretty damn quick! Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think I'm gonna take the plunge and purchase a tuning box. Easy to install, eady to remove. Not sure which one yet though, I will have to read up on them all before deciding.

A new Milltek exhaust system is definitely on the cards though, be nice to disguise that diesel sound.

Any of you local Stockport/Manchester folks on here go to the Cruise at Stanley Green trading estate on Thursday nights? Due to family committments I've only been to a couple so far, but there's some great motors knocking about. Hopefully see you there one night if I get the chance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guys,

Im new to this forum and I live in Stockport too. Do any of you fancy meeting up one night in the week for a beer and chat somewhere in Stockport?? It would be good to swap notes on cars as I have just bought a 2002 GT TDI 130PD and already im planning mods.

Get in touch if you fancy a meeting...Ill arrange it all!!

Cheers

Andy, Offerton...Silver GT TDI 3 Door[:)]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I live in Northwich but work a lot in Stockport - usually in the tower blocks in brinnington and on lancashire hill..... [:(]

Should be able to pop over to sunny stockport one night for a chat and a beer!.... [:D]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts