Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im Andy im 35 well 36 in a couple of weeks from tyne and wear.

I've just taken posession of my first Golf and it is the MK4 Golf GTI TURBO on a x plate 2000. I've only had it a couple of weeks and have got the bug, made a list of mods and tuning bits i want for it. Im also hoping someone on here can shed some light on the car as it has your sites logo sticker in the back window.

I look forward to any meets/drives out there maybe in the north east. Cheers Andy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome mate! Looks like a nice gti
Where in Tyne and Wear you from? I'm in the North east as well and I'm sure I've seen that car about somewhere before.

What are your plans for it then? I see you already have the mk5 rear wiper, de-badged the gti on the back and some alloys!

Cheers Dale

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, im Washington, the lad that owned it before me lives in South Shields. I've just been doing daft repairs like split drive shaft boot dropped hinge on the drivers door. yeh it's high on the back not sure what happened there. But im going to drop it anyway nice and low i going to fit a full decat stainless system. and a cold air induction kit. I was told it had been remapped to 190 brake but there is no paper work to prove it. Everything looks standard to me apart from a baileys dump valve. not sure about the wheels yet although they are growing on me. See how it looks when it is lowered. Might change them for now correct me if I'm wrong is it R8 or RS8 alloys think these look nice when lowered.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome,

I am a newbie here but there seem to be quite a few of us from the North East with some Epic cars.

This is a great site with many knowledgeable contributors. The downside is that your to do list just seems to get longer and longer when you read what can be done!

Read the threads on CAI's before fitting one. I fancied one but was put off by a number of engines W/O by water being sucked up -v- very small power gains.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Don may just go with a panel filter then. Gonna have to do some home work on here. Im used to the subaru impreza. So this is a new venture.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Those wheels are a bit marmite but I reckon once its dropped they'll sit nicely in the arches. On the lookout for new ones myself. 19" are making me cry every time I go over a pothole

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Ryan yeh know what you mean you either love them or hate them. Will get a better idea when it is lowered. Might make you cry but bet it sits well with 19s on

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Welcome nice ride ... and yes once lowered it will look way better on those wheels... and you can always change the colour of them to make them look better ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, does anyone recognise the car. I was told it was a limited edition and originaly had black leather recaro interior was sitting on i think rs4 alloys, at some point theives stole the front and rear bumpers and the wheels, dont know why the interior was changed though. Hope someone can shed some light on this car.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome from another newbie, my car will be picked up in Edinburgh next weekend so will post some pics then. Got some ideas but have to see what happens ££££wise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.