Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm danny, 20years old and currently drive a astra mk4 sri but i'm looking to get a 25th Anniversary tdi in the next few months [Y]

i joined up to research about the Anni a bit more

things i'd like to know;

what are they like to live with day to day?

are they good cruisers on long journeys?

any usual problems/ faults i should look out for when buying?

thanks [:D]

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
You after a petrol or diesel Anni mate?

·
10,384 Posts
Theres plenty about, you just need to find the right one at the right price.

Make sure its had a cambelt change and thats its been serviced regular. The original ball burnish BBS RC wheels corrode so make sure you either get one where the wheels are in good condition or that they have already been refurbished as it could cost you a few hundred pound to get them done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, there is quite a few for sale at the moment but i'll wait for the right one at the right price [Y]

looking for a silver one like yours (very nice by the way) or red because my astra is black and i want a change

·
Registered
988 Posts
The diesel anni is a fantastic car in my experience, fast, economical, sporty (but not too much), and very refined for that age/class of car.

As above just wait for the right one - patience is the key [Y]

(edited for typo)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The diesel anni is a fantastic car in my experience, fast, economical, sporty (but not too much), and very refined that that age/class of car.

As above just wait for the right one - patience is the key
thanks, just what i wanted to hear [:D]

only thing i might miss from my astra is cruise control, would it be hard to fit it to an Anni?

·
10,384 Posts
Awesome GTI one of the forum sponsers on here supply and fit the cruise control for £120. They are based in Manchester.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hmm I know I can retro fit cruse control into my car because it has the newer 'drive by wire' throttle, I would assume the Anni already has this already fitted or it can be retrofitted for about £150 or less BUT this needs to be confirmed by another member as i'm not sure.

EDIT: tsl_wales beat me to it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome GTI one of the forum sponsers on here supply and fit the cruise control for £120. They are based in Manchester.
good to know thanks,

ive looked at their website and they do some good stuff by the look of things

·
10,384 Posts
Hmm I know I can retro fit cruse control into my car because it has the newer 'drive by wire' throttle, I would assume the Anni already has this already fitted or it can be retrofitted for about £150 or less BUT this needs to be confirmed by another member as i'm not sure.

Sorry mate. [paperbag]

I only know the price as i contacted them because i want to get cruise control fitted in my Anni. Only trouble is Awesome GTi is over a 3 hour drive for me one way [:(]

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome! [Y]

So your looking for a silver anni [whistle]

I am planning on advertising my silver anni shortly.

Reg 09/2002, silver, anni PD, bought in april 2006, currently on 65.9k, FVWSH, serviced at VW crosshills during my ownership, had cambelt changed twice. The car has been to VW festival the last 5 years, few member on here can vouch for the condition of my car.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
988 Posts

Sorry mate.

I only know the price as i contacted them because i want to get cruise control fitted in my Anni. Only trouble is Awesome GTi is over a 3 hour drive for me one way
I know the feeling mate (i went to get my APR map from them some time ago, lol what a trek) - you can get the cruse control stalk and wiring loom off ebay and then fit it your self if you wanted - I cba at the moment tho lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts