Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.9 GT TDI, 130 BHP, 2002<o:p></o:p>

Bought this on the 30th of Dec, went for the TDI as it will be doing >500 miles per week. After it was serviced took it out on it's first long run, 500+ mile round trip. I stuck to 60-65 MPH and the computer said 63.4 MPG but I've read it's a little generous so I'll check that against litres at the pump next week.<o:p></o:p>

I bought a set of Service Repair Workshop Manual DVDs from ebay £4, they have been really useful as they have diagrams and instructions for things like how to remove the body parts and the wiring for the stereo.<o:p></o:p>

I've put pictures here of the car as it was when I got it, see below, and how it is now,further down, I'll add pics as work is carried out, questions comments and advice really welcomed J

<o:p>
</o:p>

Below is my work list:<o:p></o:p>

Completed<o:p></o:p>

Stereo - Double DIN, Digital TV, Sat Nav, USB, SD, Bluetooth - Works very well, only cost £209. Had to hack the wiring on the harness to make it remember radio and TV stations when turned off.<o:p></o:p>

Wing mirrors - removed and sprayed them myself, very pleased with results<o:p></o:p>

mk5 R32 Alloys, every other spoke is smoked black, will match kit whenit gets done<o:p></o:p>

Front and rear VW Badges sprayed black, Golf and TDI badges removed from rear - Sand paper and spray from Halfords and detal floss to remove the badges<o:p></o:p>

Stage one Revo tech Engine remap by ADS Preston - 13th Jan - noticeably quicker off the mark and acceleration from 40 to 80 is great, really glad I got that done, highly recommended.<o:p></o:p>

Smoked side indicators - side repeaters<o:p></o:p>

Scheduled<o:p></o:p>

Body kit R32 fitted and sprayed by Essex racing - 31st Jan<o:p></o:p>

Bodywork - some minor dents and scratches to be sorted when the body kit is fitted - 31st Jan<o:p></o:p>

Milltek R32 Style complete Resonated Stainless Exhaust - to be scheduled after body kit is fitted<o:p></o:p>

I've bought a PS2 slim with a power invertor so it can be fitted directly, I managed to fit the radio myself but will need to do a bit more research before I'm confident enough to fit this&#8230; <o:p></o:p>

Thinking about doing<o:p></o:p>

Suicide doors -it's a five door so I don't think lambo doors will look right, not really sure about this one needs some more thought&#8230;<o:p></o:p>

Double Stripe, black, off centre across the top front to back<o:p></o:p>

Headrest screens<o:p></o:p>

Reversing camera<o:p></o:p>

Stubby aerial <o:p></o:p>

Eyebrows for front light clusters<o:p></o:p>

Few other little bits, any ideas welcome, cheers.<o:p></o:p>

As I said, very new to this so comments and advice welcomed, cheers

·
London Refurbs&#39;
5,615 Posts
Adjustable suspension buddy. Allows you to raise and lower your car by turning some adjusters on the bottom of the shock.

Peter

Nice car btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey cheers guys, those were quick replies! Will hopefully get the R32 kit on it in the next three weeks, which will give me time to read up on coilovers.

@two arms, just read your build thread, really nice car, I like the diy mesh grill mesh, it looks like you did a really tidy job there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
hey cheers guys, those were quick replies! Will hopefully get the R32 kit on it in the next three weeks, which will give me time to read up on coilovers.

@two arms, just read your build thread, really nice car, I like the diy mesh grill mesh, it looks like you did a really tidy job there.
very kind of you to say

1 - 13 of 13 Posts