Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
No no no no no no.... don't like that at all. [:(]

Give it 2-3yrs time, that will look even more awful than it does now.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry, how many angles?

Posted Image

That side profile looks like an iced cake after you've nabbed a finger of icing and you use a knife or similiar to try and "recreate" the perfect flat surface before your mum finds out, and all you end up doing is making multiple new planes that don't quite join properly and make the whole thing look a mess and she cries (probably - wouldn't know, never done it, haven't even seen a cake me)

Other than the (badly) intercepting planes and arcs, overall it has a look of a Marcos or old TVR Grantura (if you squint really hard).

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
WTF are BMW at?? If a 1990's kit car designer put that on a stand at Stonleigh, a couple of beardy weirdies would buy the kit and stick a cortina lump in it. And then everyone would laugh at it down the real ale pub.

But BMW do it and everyone is thinking "its hideous, but its a BMW, so there must be more to it........."? I reckon......its just hideous!

Compare it to the Cayman, and you would have to be stylistically challenged t even look twice at the BMW!

YUCK! They have some right doggy looking motors out there nowadays......................and then they have the amazing looking new 6 series......! Why can they not make all their cars lok like that thing.?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I like and I don't like, from some angles it
looks nice but from others it looks like the lines and clashing.
very true.

from the side its got the looks of a TVR T350, The bonnet/windscreen sort of looks like TT's and Ferrari modena boot/tail light

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
My immediate impression was "Marcos" followed by "the complex and conflicting surfacing does not work for me".

However, one cannot accuse it of being boring and it will certainly polarise opinion.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I dont think the words 'iconic' or design classic' will ever meet the Z4 Coupe................. [:^)]
Quite true but I bet it will never be mistaken for anything else which can't be bad these days.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I like it too. Much better looking especially the rear than the
convertible but like all current BMW 'flame-surfacing' they are very
colour sensitive styling.

I admire BMWs styling direction - it's different and challenging to the eye than most euro/Jap soap boxes.

For the money I would have a 993 any day.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts