Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i want to sell my 18'' RS8 replica's.. im not looking for anything in particular but i want something with a dish/ deep dish but have to be 18''. The ones ive got in mind are the 18'' LM R style replica's ones with the deep dish.. if anyone has pics of these on a golf or anywhere i can get them from please comment.

Alot of you on here have mentioned BM Autosport with good reviews and excellent customer service but they are currently out of stock on these :/ . And Reeva wheels, well lets not go there all i can say is that their communication is $hit!! been calling them for awhile and i can never get through. Any feedback is appreciated..

·
Registered
152 Posts
BBS LM Reps in 18 inch - I have Black with a silver Lip. Bought from Reeva wheels (Your right - its gets no better when you actually get though to them. I waited 9 days for an over night delivery from them, and I called every day, They never called back when they said they would, I just gave up in the end and they arrived when they arrived.) Sorry no pics at present as I cant get out of the house to take the pics (smashed up knee).

You could always add MerseySpeed to your list of places to purchase from.

http://www.merseyspeed.co.uk/index.php/replica-wheels/vw/18-/lm-style-s100/p_70.html

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thanks for that, what is the quality like of your wheels?? but the bbs LM R rep wheels that im talking about have a slightly deeper dish than the LM's .. i think if i was going to get the LM's id stick to BM Autosport simply because they seem more reliable even though the prices seem more else the same..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ahh sorry - missed the R.

Quality is not bad at all - when the wheels arrived they were treated to 1/2 a dozen coats of poorboys wheel sealant over 2 days. I got the wheels in June and there was no pitting or crazing of the polished area like many have experienced.

I am really happy with them, even though I feel there a little soft. My keen eye for detail has noticed a slight bend in the rim of the left front wheel, which must be from a pothole. Which was the reason I replaced the last set of wheels, but I cant blame the wheel for pot hole damage really.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh okay, try get some pics up id love to see them on your car. all the bad reviews ive heard about Reeva has really put me off them! so im hoping someone will come along and mention another site where i can find this LM R reps... :/

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ widdowmaker - thanks for that bro i will check those sites out later..

@shady - they look sick!! just need to drop the car now. i kept thinking the centres would be darker, but im surprised they aint too dark at all. when did u order yours? i rang BM Autosport last week and they wer out on them. :/

·
Registered
478 Posts
think i ordered mine around the 13th but ended up only 2 arriving but that was down to the weather and massive parcel back log so no fault of BM Autosports. They've all turned up now though so ill be getting them fitted on tuesday. Ive had to buy a pair of 3mm spacers for the front wheels as there was only a 1mm clearance between wheel and caliper.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ive got 3mm spacers already.. these wheels look good, i hope they get them in stock soon. how much did they set u back with tyres? delivery? 600??

·
Registered
478 Posts
i would persevere mate, reeva or others might be cheaper but these are nice wheels mate and worth waiting for .cant really comment on the quality of other brands but i read quite a few negative reports about reeva especially there customer service.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts