Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Schmidts have arrived (at long last!!). Will try and get them fitted at some point tomorrow and get some pics on. Meanwhile, here are the "bad boys"!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate.

Ordered from R&A Design. Yes, they are going on the MKV. Bit of a controversial choice (quite a few people on here think they will look pants on the MKV!!). I guess the acid test will come when I fit them tomorrow - fingers crossed!!

Scott

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quality Scott. A good friend of mine had some fitted to his old MK3 VR6 and they looked sweet. Old Skool styling [Y]

Did you get wider rims for the rear for the phat wide look?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8" up front and 8.5" out back. I wanted 9" out back, but both R&A Design and Schmidt advised against this. They stated that arch mods would be required - I didn't fancy having this work carried out on a new ?20K+ car.

Scott

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Wow... looking forward to seeing if an old skool style wheel will suit the MK5
I'm guessing not, but i hope to be proved wrong with what they will have cost!!

But it's a bit of a risky choice when they've not been seen on a MKV previously, either for real or photoshop!

You're one brave man sir! [:O]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sometimes in life you have to take a risk or two.  I have never been one for playing safe.  The fact that they haven't been done on a UK MKV really appeals to me.  Think they will be a bit of a grower on people. 

·
Registered
527 Posts
good on you mate. i think with the correct styling throughout, it'll look a stunner, and as your car is black, it'll look good. can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick pic of the wheels on my dirty car. To be honest, the pic doesn't do the wheels justice. Need to see them in the metal for the real effect.

Craig - I am over on the South Side (Kingspark Ave). I will be at the Scottish VAG Mega Meet this Sunday if you are going along.

Posted Image

Scott

·
Registered
674 Posts
Looking so OLD SKOOL Im loving it!

Very very simular to the old Compomotive Alloys that used to be very very popular on old skool rally slags in the late 80's/early 90's. I had a white set on my Chevette HSR - the only differnce being they had the words COMPOMOTIVE written around the middle and were white.

Loving it mate - looks like the gamble paid off!! You trend setter!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Maybe betteri n the flesh (I kinda hpoe so). Waited patiently to see how they'd come out, but I'm kinda underwhelmed. Sorry dude.... Give it a full clean up and take a whole load of pics for us to wander through?? Esp if you reckon that shot doesn't do them justice??

C

1 - 20 of 95 Posts