Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my Dealers for a service, and low and behold I found a new edition of the VW Accessories Catalogue on the shelves. There are a few new (?) Items inside, including bits for the MK5, and a Bora R-Line Kit. These were not included in the last edition of the catalogue. [:D]

Unfortunately......you have to ask for the prices, and thats if your dealer can find the relevant Part numbers, as they do not feature in the Catalogue. [}:)]

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The kit is shown in 2 pictures, Front and Back. No details except to say the pictures relate to a Front skirt and rear skirt. However these appear to be complete bumper replacements (a la Golf R-Line) rather than a simple skirt. The rear bumper is fat and chunky with a black in fill at the bottom, similar to rear Golf R-line bumper. The front is different to the Golf R-line in that the Golf R-line has 3 air intakes with the middle one in a "U" formation (like the car is smiling), whereas the Bora does the reverse and the middle large intake looks like a "n", as if the car were frowning. The front bumper does have the distintinctive side groove by the wheel that is similar to the R32/ R-line golf bumper.

Hope that helps a little.

Going to post pics in a seccy...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry they are poor quality, but had to use my camera phone....hope this gives you an idea.. these are the only pictures you get in the catalogue and they feature on the "R-Line Styling" page.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe it is, but it looks like the Golf R-line kit, and is listed on the R-Line page, where as the Votex stuff is listed on other pages....

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Deffo looks like the Votex kit that MikeP had on Borat, seems VW UK have finally had the good sense to make it available over here now!

I've always wanted this kit but didnt fancy this hassle of importing from Germany so will definately inquire tomorrow for some prices at the dealer

Best looking bodykit for the Bora IMO and the pictured car even has the same wheels as mine...! [:D][:D]

Cheers again Estoril

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just so its clear......to quote from the catalogue:

"R_Line Styling: Sport. The R-Line range will really give you impact and presence. Body kits and accessories are avialable to special order, but the wait will be worth it! AVAILABLE for Golf, Golf Estate and BORA!" :)

The new catalogue is dated Novemeber 2004, whereas the old catalogue...which states that the R-line kit is only available for the GOLF, is dated March 2004.

Even if this is the Votex kit on the continent, its being branded R-Line over in the UK. Im happy for you Bora guys, bout time you had some choice! :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
indeed it is the vortex kit as mikep had... shame it prob costs stupid money on our shores when compared to germany etc. I am resisting modding my car! its unique in that way! lol... also i gotta save for future...

·
Registered
432 Posts
looks like the part numbers are

1J50716099AX 400ukp inc vat (front skirt)

1J50716109AX 340ukp inc vat (rear skirt)

craigv

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only extra part added for the |Golf is a set of R-lIne carpet mats. And the Bora kit doesn't really do it for me. Nothing like the R-Line kit for the Golf.

·
Registered
432 Posts
rear bumper is good but would love to see a bora front bumper with more R32 styling would be nice to get the bottom half of a r32 bumper joined to the top of a bora bumper just at rubbing strip level.is that damaged R32 bumper still knocking about on here???

craigv

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
none of these are new accessories, it's just that some of them have only been available in Europe before now.

Better pic of the Bora Votex front:

Posted Image

Bora Votex Rear incl. boot lip spoiler:

Posted Image

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thats about as similar to an R-line/R32 Golf kit as my dog's head and ***..........shouldn't even come under the banner of 'R' styling....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts