Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It looks fairly similar to the mk1 TT.  They have given the new one the Audi Nuvorali front and made the back smoother with 911 type lights, but apart from that it doesn't look that different.  The bit of the premiere where the car was driving through the hills looked just like a mk1 TT. 

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Fourtitude are on the button, been keeping an eye out all day and its just popped up:

Click Me

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't like the exterior, its no R8 but at least its not just a
squashed A3. I do like the interiorthough.

This on the
other hand looks fantastic...

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
It's a bit bug eyed, but it's the best set of pictures for the new TT that I've seen yet - previous reports stories and images have shown a complete destruction of the TT image - at least here it's been kept to a degree, and it's fairly recognisable as a TT !

However looking at what it comes with standard, sounds like it'll cost a bomb. Also, less power and road appliance?? The current TT 1.8T was a 225bhp quattro jobby... The 2.0TFSI will be 25 bhp less, and no quattro.

That sounds a tad backwards to me - the petrol burning increase to get the quattro ON TOP of a 3.2 engine is costly as sin.

C

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hmm, better than i thought it would look, but still quite boring, and the rear end has definate similarities to the 997 Porsche.

Still no doubt sell in droves tho. Would imagine a higher powered
variant to come out within a year... more than likely the same engine
the new Leon Cupra will get, reported to be 240hp+.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i prefer it,i think it will grow on everyone. I hated the mk5 when i came out, and now im really starting to like it. As for the original TT i remember when it first came out, i hated it, as i thought it looked like a stretched out vw beetle! but that also grew on me!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The TT has never even began to grow on me. Without wanting to start an all out war, its dull to drive and is there purely for image-concious people with more money than sense.

I remember reading fully specced up 3.2 TTs were weighing in at over ?30k, you have to be a total headcase to pay that for a TT in my opinion, especially when your talking Boxster, 350Z money.

·
Registered
459 Posts
However looking at what it comes with standard, sounds like it'll cost a bomb. Also, less power and road appliance?? The current TT 1.8T was a 225bhp quattro jobby... The 2.0TFSI will be 25 bhp less, and no quattro.

That sounds a tad backwards to me - the petrol burning increase to get the quattro ON TOP of a 3.2 engine is costly as sin.

C
The first Mk1 TTs only had 150 bhp so I think you'll see the new S3 lump in it at some point

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The first Mk1 TTs only had 150 bhp so I think you'll see the new S3 lump in it at some point
The TT was launched with both the 180 and 225hp versions. The 150 was only brought into the line-up in late 2004 i think.

Anyway, its more than likely itll get the same engine which will be used in the S3/Leon Cupra, a reported 240hp+ 2.0T.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.