Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Having been bored out of my tree driving a 'mighty' fiat punto sporting for a few years, I'm finally starting my midlife crisis and just paid for a Bora 1.9 TDI which i collect a week on saturday....god time is dragging but cash meant I had to wait till then.

I spent a day or so reading through dubbed_bora's amazing build thread and marvelled at the stunning pics (circa 2010/2011) simply amazing and entirely thrilling way to spend a day.

While i am probably significantly older than many other contributors here, I still hope to add a bit and of course will have many inevitable stupid questions for which i hope you will forgive me.

May as well start off with a dumb question - to which i think i know the answer but would prefer verification before i shell out more cash (before even getting the car lol). I'm looking to put a leather interior into it asap as the cloth interior is a little tired (and nasty). I'm thinking an Audi a4 b6 saloon interior will be compatible - can anyone verify this for me please.

Hope to speak to you in the future.

Regards

Paul

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
welcome along

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
getting all excited now ...4 more sleeps till i get the motor - will get some pics up as soon as i get some - sure its nothing you havent all seen before though - only thing that disappointed me was the reflex silver colour - had previously found a beautiful deep blue colour one but it sounded like a bag of spanners being swung round your head when running under load.

pics to follow sat/sun weather permitting - pretty sure i can find somewhere nice to take some shots - think i might be going for a nice 'familiarisation drive' lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apologies for the pics - taken direct from sellers page so will get some 'proper' ones once i have it in my grubby little mitts

and sorry for the last one - couldnt resist

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh while i think about it can anyone recommend a decent machine polisher brand - dont want to spend big big bucks but nor do i want a £9.99 job from ebay that will tear up the paint.

TIA

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.