Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright people, new to the forum, just recently purchased a MY52 1.8 GTi. happy with it at the moment, but will be looking to change a few things to it in the coming months.

Cheers,

mikeypur

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys, car was bought as a cheap runaround for a year or so, so its a bit rough around the edges to be honest, paintwork in poor condition in a couple of areas, couple of dents/dings... etc but it was sound mechanically which was the main thing, with only 73k miles on it

so the plans are really, just to keep it clean, and get it back to as good a condition as i can.

started last weekend by spending a fair amount of time just cleaning it inside and out, getting some poorboys black hole glaze on it, poorboys ex-p sealant and some dodo juice purple haze wax. so it is now as clean as i can get it without a machine polisher, so that will be the next thing i think, to get it machine polished.

engine got flushed and oil replaced.

new OEM car mats, TT pedals & retrofit aero wipers (although im on the lookout for some aero wiper arms) were all fitted.

replacement front wing and rear bumper have been purchased. along with the front engine cover as that was missing when i bought it.

immediate to do list is:

Polo aerial, front and rear aero wiper arms, replace the wheel centre caps and wheel bolt caps.

plenty to keep me busy with along with the two kids, that's for sure!

i will get some pics up in a bit.

cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couple of pics from when the car was advertised.

Note that the phone cradle & GTi badge randomly stuck on the door have now been removed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcome peeps, this arrived on friday off ebay, was missing when i bought the car..

and here it is installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.