Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
[!]Sorry to join this thread so late but came on line to see if anyone had similar problems, my car is a 150pd with superchip. A couple of months ago, so not too cold, I took mine to dealers as it was slipping at about 3,000 rpm, tech took it out and the damn thing wouldn't slip, typical! This was at approx 7k miles and up until yesterday and 10k miles all seemed fine, travelling up hill with full car noticed the slip had returned, any suggestions and did James (Reflex) get anywhere with his friends dealer experience [?]

·
Registered
554 Posts
[?]After reading this topic I contacted Superchips to arrange a rolling road and possible re-map as I also have suffered occasional slip. I went to the Bucks HQ yesterday and found them to be extremely helpful but was surprised at the outcome. I guessed my 150 might be producing too much torque, they R=R my car and it came out at 196 BHP @ 4170rpm with 359.6NM of torque at 2990 rpm so this is below the suggested max torque of 300lb (I divided 359.6 by 1.36 = 264lb). They confirmed many other tuned 150's had suffered some slip and re-mapped my car to produce 183.5BHP and 347NM (255LB) of torque, this new profile has eliminated the smoke I used to experience under full throttle/boost and according to Superchips should stop the slipping. The car does feel a little slower with the loss of 13BHP but now feels a little smoother with peak torque now arriving at 2750. My question though is why was mine slipping with the low torque figure quoted ??[!]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.