Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my invite through the post this morning from Skoda inviting me to be one of the first to test drive the new Octavia vRS[:D]. Cant wait for the local dealer to contact me with the date to see how good it really is. 200 turbo charged ponies mmmmmmmmmmm[H]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I never got one [:'(]

The car looks really really nice though. I drove an Estate TDi with DSG recently and that was a great car. The VRS is sure to be an awesome one. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not got mine yet[:'(] Hopefully get it soon, if thats them started dishing them out[:D]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Did anyone get the book Mr Skoda and Dr VRS quite clever marketing me thinks

Also the price is on skodas web site 17500 otr for the basic spec!!

Sound much better value than the GTI at 20k!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did anyone get the book Mr Skoda and Dr VRS quite clever marketing me thinks

Also the price is on skodas web site 17500 otr for the basic spec!!

Sound much better value than the GTI at 20k!!!
Yeah I got the book. Excellent marketing! Also got a very nice 'phone call last night from Skoda Customer Service asking if my local dealer had been in contact with me for my test drive yet. They haven't so the lovely young lady is gonna chase them up to get me a drive ASAP woohoo[:D]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Likin those pics mate.  Cant wait till I get my drive.  Lovin the whole look of it inside and out!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Mmmm, dont really like it.

Interior looks very well put together, but the outside just looks like a normal Octavia with a spoiler and big wheels - doesn't have the sportiness that the old car had if you ask me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with Chris

Even though it's darn good value - you'll probably lose more ????
because of the residuals. It just doesn't look like a fast car -
but that can be a good thing, Q car status?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mmmm, dont really like it. Interior looks very well put together, but the outside just looks like a normal Octavia with a spoiler and big wheels - doesn't have the sportiness that the old car had if you ask me.
I agree with Chris

Even though it's darn good value - you'll probably lose more ???? because of the residuals. It just doesn't look like a fast car - but that can be a good thing, Q car status?
That is exactly one of the reasons why I love it. The look on drivers of prestige or performance cars faces when they get wasted by a SKODA is priceless[:O]. My dad loves winding people up in his 'tavia, and when we recently had a loan of the previous shape 'tavia vRS it was an absolute hoot. The new one can only be better. If I find a spare ?17k I'll be down to my Skoda dealer double time[:D]

·
Registered
639 Posts
Saw one driving about in Milton Keynes breifly...looks like it has a lot more presence/road holding than the previous vrs...really muscular, similar to the A4. I like em...and would choose one over a MkV GTI.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Went to have a looksy at one today... very nice... seems alot bigger than the MKV though

Nice inside... much nicer than the Ford ST i looked at the other week,

Test drive booked for next week

They however tried to unload a delivery millage Old Shape VRS on me for 13k!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hey, I drove one a few weeks ago, went on an extended test drive in Leeds, all I can say is WOW. I have a Bora (as sig) and it totally blew it out of the water in terms of ride, handling and of course performance (which was the only real expected part) It rode on 18s yet was supple and the turn in and grip are like nothing I have experienced in a fwd car. Booting it in first gives no wheelspin or hop or ESP intervention, it just goes, and boy does it go!! It almost feels diesel like to drive with the torque delivery, but no lag and pulls all the way to the redline, it is an awesome machine, even the brakes are good. Interior quality much better than the golf V imo, shame the dials light up green instead of blue, only real complaint. Boot is huge on it as well n the seats are comfy. Booted it round for a good hour and averaged 27mpg, can't complain at that.

Seriously thinking about one next.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts