Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
i have to say i would like them a bit cahv in my opinion mate sos
Are you... ??? That sentence just doesn't make any sense !!!

I think you are trying to say they look pants and chav and I would have to agree. They are the worst lights I have seen for a MK4.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i have to say i would like them a bit cahv in my opinion mate sos
Are you... ??? That sentence just doesn't make any sense !!!

I think you are trying to say they look pants and chav and I would have to agree. They are the worst lights I have seen for a MK4.

Thanks for my 1st chuckle of the day

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
lol cheeky git, but yeah id had a couple hust came back from nextdoors bbq, oops, great example of what alcohol does to ya lol

·
Registered
798 Posts
They ain't cheap around 300 notes I believe, but the old adage about getting what you pay for rings true. There's a member on here who works for Hella I think, Baker21, he might be able to help you out if ur interested.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the Hella Celis ones on my Mk4 before I killed it. They are worth every penny.

As for those ebay ones - bit of a charver look to me. They also push the two rings closer together - which looks toss.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Right, I will be honest and say that I found the light output of the Hella Celis lights to be total pap. Then I had them adjusted and they were great.

Obviously xenons would be better, but it's a choice isn't it.

So to sum up, the Hella Celis lights look ace, and work well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I needed to adjust the motor that I took out of the originals and put into the Celis ones. It was my mistake as I had mounted it wrong and couldn't adjust the beam enough. Totally my error, nothing wrong with the units.

Now as for the light output - I never had any issues with the original lights, so it's very hard to say. Let me put it this way: I had no problem with it.

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
You can always get an aftermarket HID kit for your lights. That's
what I'm doing with my FK angel eyes. TBH I prefer the look of
mine to the Hella ones which look a bit too fussy, plus they don't do a
smoked version [;)]

These cost me ?130 and the HID conversion will cos a further ?130 ish.

Posted Image

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Pricey - always think your Angel Eyes look the coolest on here.
LOL cheers mate [Y]

Got some plans for an alternative light source on the angel eyes as the LED's
aren't perfect + I got the HID conversion to come! But all will
be revealed in good time [:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Do those Hella angel eyes in the pic above really light up the road or are xenons better?
Obviously they will never be as good as OEM Xenons because the light source is still halogen however, if you are upgrading from the standard OEM Halogens then you will see a vast improvement.

The Angel Eyes use a Halogen Projector module which projects light accurately and gives a good distribution over the road in comparison to your Reflector Halogen units.

For those of you that are interested in a set then please feel free to drop me a PM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i just put a set of smoked twin angel eye lights with a hid kit on my car last week and they look briiliant and the light output is very good !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts