Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is.... now its actually on the car I can tell its not an OEM GTi spoiler as listed on ebay when i bought it GRRR but I actually like it really..

Posted Image

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I havent at the moment, that was just a quick one with the phone, I was hoping to take some nice pics with my other halfs nice new camera (Shiuming styley quality pics [:D] ) but it keeps chucking it down with rain, hopefully next weekend should be better *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Erm.. well iam either going to get a R32 front bumper or a Anni front valance, havent made my mind up yet.. prob be the Anni valance as its cheaper lol and def need a fabia rear wiper and a W8 interior light [;)]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I think the Fabia wiper has clearance problems if you have a spoiler fitted - I personally prefer the Polo wiper, looks less cumbersome I think. Have you got Aero wipers on the front? They're a great mod. Why not get Revo [;)]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sob they have clearance probs [:'(]

I have seen those aero wipers, thing is they are well expensive lol cant see my self parting with nearly ?60 for silly wipers lol, specially as i had to by a new blade yesterday for the drivers side lol..

A revo would be a waste of money on my car as its the 2.0 non turbo [:(] still a damn good engine even if it does have only 115 ponies. [;)]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Erm.. well iam either going to get a R32 front bumper or a Anni front valance, havent made my mind up yet.. prob be the Anni valance as its cheaper lol and def need a fabia rear wiper and a W8 interior light [;)]
Looks very good have you thought about a rear OEM JAp style bumper for the rear with the small numberplate cut out as that is next on my list before the new motor comes. i was amazed when i went into a German VW dealer and asked all sorts of things with prices and part numbers and they gave me a list of what i wanted and the bumper is only about 300? (200 quid)

P.S if you are thinking of doing the black headliner mod give me a shout as that is also on the cards and need to colect some more pasangers before the dealer will deliver:(

all the best
Andy

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Aye it's slightly bigger than the OEM one by the look of it, and the side's look a little different too... Def like it tho none the less - that car's coming along bloody nicely girl - keep going [y]

C

PS - yes more pics!

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Nice one, spoiler looks great! And hey, you got new wheels too,
musta missed it if you posted them earlier! They look sweet, did
you get them from F1's, ?499 inc fitting? [:p][Y]

As for the fabia wiper you can overcome the clearance problem by
cutting a section out of the wiper cover (bout 10-15mm should do it)
then glue the end back on. It won't need to be much though.
mine just misses the top of the rear window by a bout 5mm with no
spoiler.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks very good have you thought about a rear OEM JAp style bumper for the rear with the small numberplate cut out as that is next on my list before the new motor comes. i was amazed when i went into a German VW dealer and asked all sorts of things with prices and part numbers and they gave me a list of what i wanted and the bumper is only about 300? (200 quid)

P.S if you are thinking of doing the black headliner mod give me a shout as that is also on the cards and need to colect some more pasangers before the dealer will deliver:(

all the best
Andy
Have you got any pics of the jap style bumper?? and what the black headliner mod???? lol

No i got my wheels from Rochford tyres near southend essex, ?460 fitted [Y]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It's looking really good. One thing though, do you still have 2.0 above GTI on the boot? If so I'd get rid of the 2.0 and move the GTI up. It can look a bit cluttered otherwise.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes shiuming that was including the tyres, not sure what they are but was told that they are ZR rated..

They must of put there prices up abit now then lol I got mine 2weeks ago now [;)]

I have thought about removing my 2.0 badge, but iam still in 2 minds about it, and that ive also not got round to doing it either lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts