Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a result of my recent trip to the UK, and courtesy of Ade at Awesome GTI, I've managed to replace the massive drainpipe/side skirt I had before with something a little less OTT. Still have the front and rear valances from the old kit though and the wheels look smaller than ever but at least it's moving in the right direction.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 21/12/2004 21:50:22

Looks nice, Im assuming its the roads over there which stop you from lowering it?

Thanks Gary. Yes as it is the front spoiler catches in places where there's a steep slope.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looking good mate, never really been a big fan of white cars, unless they all colour coded and have some sort of kit on it!

But yours looks really nice and clean, loving the Hella RCR's, only thing i dont like is the front grill and lower valance. Side skirts and rear valance look good tho!

Whats the %age of your tints?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure why it's so shiny as I have not been able to wax it in a while. Just gave it a quick wash yesterday morning before it went off to have the skirts fitted.

Next mod - probably rain sensor to close the windows when it starts raining. After that, I'm thinking of HID lights and a big brake upgrade if I'm definitely going to keep it.

Not sure about the tint as the car came with it. It's great for keeping the car cool during the day with the amount of sunlight here but the side windows are too dark at night. There's no tint on the windscreen (not allowed) only on the side windows and at the rear.

Car came with a kit originally which included eyebrows, valances, skirts and a mid rear spoiler as well as the top one! I'd have preferred the anni valances front and rear myself but it does look a bit different I suppose.

Mods: 2000 1.8T (AGU) | AMD re-map | N75J | Samco TIH | Turbo Dynamics DV | Forge SMIC & vented liner | Milltek DP and cat back | Racelogic TC | Neuspeed short shifter | Konis | Neuspeed rear ARB | Metal sump guard | Fumoto drain valve | Magnetic oil filter | Autowindow | W8 light | R32 Alu trim | Hella RCRs | MS Design Sports bodykit & grille (came fitted) with MHW hatch blend and R32 side skirts | Enfig antenna | Tinted windows | De-badged | Fabia rear wiper | Valentine One | VDO boost gauge, custom digital one in the works|15mm rear spacers

Here's what it looked like before:

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
You're just trying to make us jealous with pics of bright sunshine and a super clean and shiny car [!][V]

Looking good though, much better than it was before!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 21/12/2004 23:01:03

You're just trying to make us jealous with pics of bright sunshine and a super clean and shiny car [!][V]

Looking good though, much better than it was before!

Don't be jealous. It's supposed to be the dry season and it's been chucking it down on and off for some time. It's the first time my car's been clean in over a month. It is warm though!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
car looks sooooo much better since you have removed that awful mid wing and the eyebrows.

Big thumbs up on the improvements made, it really does look a whole lot better. The skirts are much more OEM and look excellent. It's a shame you can't lower it, even if -30mm, I think the 16"'s would look ok then, but i understand your reasoning.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 22/12/2004 09:12:30

It's a shame you can't lower it, even if -30mm, I think the 16"'s would look ok then, but i understand your reasoning.

Thanks for the kind comments. Must admit that I've been wondering the same thing. Keep the 16s (better performance even if they don't look as good) and lower 30mm. Trouble is I might end up having to change the front valance which would mean changing the rear too as it would no longer match. This really is the "money pit" forum [:D].

·
Registered
658 Posts
Why dont you buy some 20's and then lower it a little, sure by then you'll get enough ground clearance!! [;)]

BTW, Car looks nice mate, very tidy, best standard wheels to have too IMO.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you believe it? A guy just came up to me in a car park and offered me a set of second hand Eibach springs. He used to have a Golf, sold it and is now stuck with the springs. What a co-incidence!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
If I was to say some nice things about your car would you give me a floor to kip on if I ever visit barbados ? [;)] [:D]

Lookin good matey.. much better than it did last time I saw it.. had a big wing on the back, did it not ?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL nice one.[^] It would give me an incentive to get the spare room cleared of all the junk that has accumulated that's for sure. Yes, it did have a dubious middle spoiler at the back to begin with. However, relative to some of the other cars on the road over here, it was very conservative! [:O] I keep promising to take pictures of things like a bright orange Hyundai Excel with the most mismatched body kit you've ever seen but I never have the camera with me at the right time. That Excel really makes me laugh - the guy went to town on the body but the thing smokes like a trooper and sounds like a tractor.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The niest white Golf MKIV I have ever seen (and probably the 2nd) [;)] honestly it looks fantastic!

I think you can only get away with a white car in a sunny climate.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks again.

Giddy - they're just 5-door R32 skirts believe it or not. Seemed the best to me of all those that I looked at and they work pretty well with the rest of the kit.

Scarum - yes the bright sunlight does make a big difference to how things look and what you can get away with. Took these photos at about 3 pm and they were much better than some others taken in the morning when the sun was far too bright. Lighter coloured cars also have a big practical advantage as they don't get so hot in the sun. Had a black car once without A/C, never again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts