Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
God knows my PC is having a mad half hour! sorry guys!

Whats the best way to fit the LCR?
Self tapping screws mate.

There's a lot of posts flying about about fitting these at the moment if you want any more info. Its all easy enough to do

·
2,166 Posts
LCR splitter will finish it off nicely. [Y]

Good double posting there but doesn't beat my record of 28 double posts in one reply here at:http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/744319/ShowThread.aspx#744319 [:p]
LMAO! how the hell did you manage that?!?!
My pc/the forum must have just had a blither, it happens from time to time.

It seems what happens is that the pc posts continously as you write your reply so you end up with loads of double posts. The longer you take to reply, the more double posts you get.

I had no idea it was happening until I actually pressed 'post'. Trouble is you can't delete them after either!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice one pal, by the way where did you get that grill with your GT badge on it? that grill is a dead ringer for the lower bumper grills!

·
2,166 Posts
Nice one pal, by the way where did you get that grill with your GT badge on it? that grill is a dead ringer for the lower bumper grills!
You know why?

Because the mesh in the grill is a chopped up lower centre mesh grill from the R32 bumper!

Made the grill myself out of a spare standard grill, the centre R32 bumper mesh grill and a bit of chopping, slicing, swearing, filling and painting.

GT badge is off ebay and is meant for the bootlid of a GTTDI

·
2,166 Posts
Took a while to plan it all out before I had the guts to take a hacksaw to the original grill.

Cutting and filling it all took a little while as I wanted to be carefull but not too long as there was not much to do.

I was lucky that I did it at the same time as when I had my R32 bumper painted as he painted the centre VW bit of the modded grill for me too

Overall not including painting and thinking it all out it I guess it took about 3-4hrs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very nice mate, car is definately looking good.

Have you thought about opening up all the holes in the lower grills on your bumper to let more air into your intercooler?

Like this:
Posted Image
looks sweet lovin the grill - alsohave to add best colur for me (hence why i have a tornado red GTI)

·
Registered
124 Posts
golfturboblue - your cars looking very nice mate, some new bigger wheels would finish it off nicely. Nothing wrong with the ones you got but a fresh set make a huge difference.

Think you should deff cut more holes out of the bumper mesh on the intercooler side, let more air through. Mines off at the mo as I've cut all the holes out but need to sand down and paint it matt black before putting it back on. Was a right pain in the arse cutting all the holes out but it needed to be done.

You said the R32 kit is from a tuning company you use, whats it made from and how much do they charge for the R32 rear bumper?

Cheers mate, keep up the good work..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Cheers pal, its made from Polyurethane which is the flexable plastic stuff that is impossible to crack, tear or bend! its strong as hell! Its alot more expensive that fibreglass but well worth it! i think the rear costs about ?320.

I want BBS CH's or RC's well bad!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts