Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I feel in love with this motor after seeing a preview of it the other month. But I've just read the article in todays Sunday Times & the report was not very impressed with it at all.. So it sort of put me off it a bit.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It says it has a 17" braking system, yet only has 18" wheels - don't think that can be right.....

Also, 17" is 432mm - larger than the carbon ceramics on the new diamond edition bentley GT (which supposedly has the largest diameter discs of any production car............)

oh yeah,

I quite like it [Y][:p]

·
Registered
216 Posts
i live in Dublin

I rang my local dealer earlier today
he reckons €52,250 for the basic model, no extras.
I had no idea what to expect, although I was really hoping for around 40k but I feared 50k.its ridiculous money for a hot hatch. i am so soooo disheartened!
On the upside i was offered an '05 Golf GTi from a friend of mine. he's bought a new R32, getting delivery in early january, works out the dealer is only giving him the equivelant of €27k for it so he'd rather see it go to a good home for that kind of money.
Oops, that was a little off topic... i would pay around 40k tomorrow for that car, but i just cannot justify 52k!!! And its not as even I can wait a year, coz i cant see them exactly being given away second hand!
But my god, what a machine!!!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Do people think this new S3 will see over 300bhp if it was to be chipped or is the turbo already being pushed to the max by its existing map...
I don't think 300bhp will be any trouble at all. Manufacturers aren't keen on selling stock cars that are already pushing the limit in terms of performance.

From what I can gather it's running a bigger turbo compared to the 200PS version of the 2.0 TFSI engine. The intercooler has also been modified, along with stronger internals (con rods, pistons etc)

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks good but i don't think it's as good as it should be, the "S" range is supposed to be above and the normal A series and this just doesn't do it for me, with the 3.2 litre A3 already available I was hoping for something more from audi - somehing on a par with the R32

I don't think it'll have the same following as it's predeccessor

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Read two reviews so far, both state its very good, but not great. A 'detached' feeling that Audi seem to have perfected lately. Engine has been praised, but price, quite rightly in my view, has been the big snag.

Might as well just buy the nicer sounding R32 and save some money, or, save even more and buy the GTI.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts