Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after the **** up with the 19's i never really felt happy driving with them on, knowing the state that they where in, so i traded them in to a tyre shop who swapped them around for these babies...good to finally have my handling back again...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/satnamsingh/HPIM0670.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/satnamsingh/HPIM0669.jpg

if anyone is intrested in the 19's in "perfect" condition plz pm me and im happy to give u details of where they are at...

sonny...

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I don't think the pics do the rims any justice as they look shed loads better in the metal.... and there a piece of p**s to clean lol... and yeah gotta agree with you about the handling issue as now you can really give it some stick and not worry about scrubbin no more lol... now to finish it off you need skirts and a spoiler lol..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!

I have always wanted to see those rims on a mkiv - and wow! They look wicked! Can't believe how good they loook :)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!

I have always wanted to see those rims on a mkiv - and wow! They look wicked! Can't believe how good they loook :)
I thought exactly the same as i still never seen them on a mkiv so i thought id plunge and just go get a set lol.. am i the only one on uk-mkivs now??

Sonny

p.s. thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Are they replicas?

Are you going to be putting your's and your brother's cars on the UK MKIV's E38 stand this year?

·
Registered
74 Posts
they look ok ish

not sure if they suit the mkiv thou

wheres ya p'2 then are ya selling them ,maybe intrested at the right price ?

as i have just sold my old ones so now looking for a new look [:D]

oh with regards to buckles ....did ya know that even heat can make them buckle

also i was speaking to a wheel place that sorts them out they have a little pump they use with a former attached to each end ,

it take like 2 mines to re-shape a wheel and they said its not uncommon for anyone with 18's or 19's who come in for a balance up on their wheels and they have to sort out buckles .....

just wanted to point that out as you have made a point on a few post of buckled wheel issues

pm me if ya selling the p2's as im very intrested ,

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Are they replicas?

Are you going to be putting your's and your brother's cars on the UK MKIV's E38 stand this year?
on behalf of sonny as he's just went to work.. yep they are replicas... and doubt my car is any good to go on the stand lol... but il let sonny decide about his...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Agree they look good , but i prefer the other one's

Sounds like the tyre place got a right bargin swapping them new ones for ya old ones

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
they look ok ish

not sure if they suit the mkiv thou

wheres ya p'2 then are ya selling them ,maybe intrested at the right price ?

as i have just sold my old ones so now looking for a new look [:D]

oh with regards to buckles ....did ya know that even heat can make them buckle

also i was speaking to a wheel place that sorts them out they have a little pump they use with a former attached to each end ,

it take like 2 mines to re-shape a wheel and they said its not
uncommon for anyone with 18's or 19's who come in for a balance up on
their wheels and they have to sort out buckles .....

just wanted to point that out as you have made a point on a few post of buckled wheel issues

pm me if ya selling the p2's as im very intrested ,
the first post states that the wheels are at a tyre shop now as he p/x them.. ask sonny for the details of that alloy shop...

on regards of the buckles 3 out of 4 of the alloys could be repaired
when we had them checked.. the fourth one had two flat spots not far
from each other and they were relatively large.. but when looking at it
with the naked eye you couldn't tell only when its put on the machine
you see it rotating then you can tell how bad it looks...

Sat

1 - 20 of 57 Posts