Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin all!

i went up to wakefield and swapped wheels with Pat last nite. (very random) painted them last nite and tnite in halfords satin black. i feel like the cars coming together now, i was gonna stick with mi 4mo valance just to be a bit different but i think it needs an anni one really so i ordered one from oem parts.

Got my frontmount on now and car made 230whp at awesome on sat (great day btw). performance feels lovely.

Anyway, sorry for the aweful photos but i just took them and i'm cold and wanna go to bed.

all opinions welcome, let me know what ya think.

cheers

James

oh yeah, the next project is the brakes, i've got the calipers (996 C2) but i'm not sure what brackets i need. i heard a rumour LCR bracket will fit?? i need advice i think? i want to run 312mm discs. cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
729 Posts
Looks great! antisocial but i love it!!! never been keen on white cars but with the stripped interior yours just works!!![:D]

·
Registered
518 Posts
That looks really smart.

Bet it goes well too!

Gotta ask, how much weight have you saved by stripping it and how much difference does that make to the performance???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the comments,

reckon i've saved about 120kg in total. still need to weight the car though. it made a hell of a difference to performance, like gaining 15bhp? ish.

·
Registered
518 Posts
thanks for the comments,

reckon i've saved about 120kg in total. still need to weight the car though. it made a hell of a difference to performance, like gaining 15bhp? ish.
Awesome [H]

Any future plans???

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
hi james , looking good.

i've got a number for a bloke in chesterfield that has rear anni valances may work out a bit cheaper for you as no delivery on it ?140 all in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rear one's on mate. probably can't see from photo's i posted. front one just turned up at work just need it painting. i just got a price on the Leon cupra R brembo brackets coz apparently they'll fit the porsche calipers......112+vat each..GULP! i work at an engineering company, it looks like i'm gonna end up makin them!

was gonna pm ya tnite actually to see if ya wanted to catch up some time with nick and ...er neil?? i think it was. next week or something?

cheers for comments.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks great! White is such a rare colour on the mk4 and yet I think it really works. Love the rims in black too[;)]

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
rear one's on mate. probably can't see from photo's i posted. front one just turned up at work just need it painting. i just got a price on the Leon cupra R brembo brackets coz apparently they'll fit the porsche calipers......112+vat each..GULP! i work at an engineering company, it looks like i'm gonna end up makin them!

was gonna pm ya tnite actually to see if ya wanted to catch up some time with nick and ...er neil?? i think it was. next week or something?

cheers for comments.
dooh!!! sorry my fault i ment front valance james.

yeh! could meet up next week i'm on nights but thats no problem.(start @ 9 and dont work fridays)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
It sounded 'kin awesome as you leathered it leaving awesome on saturday.. really throaty.. lovely ! [Y] Well, lets just say as you ragged it, it made everyone turn round ! [:D]

I'd love to see it on those audi rims it was on at jbs last april.. looked awesome. Not taking anything away from your current rims however [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Y] [:)]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He he! i aim to please.....

i agree with you somewhat on the wheels, i kinda regret selling them to chaz. but very please with mi new ones.

thanks for all the comments everybody

1 - 20 of 34 Posts