Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a quick search but no luck, so please help!

1 - is it possible to set the doors to automatically lock when you reach a certain speed?

2 - seem to remember some trick window opening function on a mate's mk3 gti - any ideas what it could have been and can I have it (have I got it) on my car please [:eek:)]

Off to the dealer to sort out my jammed cigarette lighter and get a boot floor so is it somethig they can do then?

cheers!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I will answer these for you m8..

1) - Yes. However you will need to contact your dealer or get to know someone with VAG com. The doors lock at 10mph and open again when you remove your key.

2) You will need to buy a little module from awesome gti (approx ?60) This will allow you to operate your windows with your key.

Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
1) Im sure if you ask someone with vagcom nicely they will hook youre car up and set it up ... its seems to be quite straight forward if they know what theyre doing ! Its called "Hijack mode" btw.

2) Use the one from http://www.alientech.net/ as its ?33 delivered to your door and Ive heard lots of great things about it !

Good luck and congrats on the R !

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will get the dealer to activate Hijack on Tuesday for me - would get VAGCOM myself but it won't work on an Apple laptop I'm sure!

Ooh that Alientech gizmo looks the business! Shall order one now and plead for help fitting when it arrives!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by dubzter on 28/02/2005 11:10:49

btw nudda that is a pretty borderline sig pic, you better watch or the mods will be on you.

er definitely[:I]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by scorcher on 28/02/2005 12:40:39

Will get the dealer to activate Hijack on Tuesday for me - would get VAGCOM myself but it won't work on an Apple laptop I'm sure!

... and there are several other functions/options that you might want to enable as well eg: beeping when arming or disarming your alarm etc...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Quote: posted by dubzter on 28/02/2005 11:10:49

as above really,

btw nudda that is a pretty borderline sig pic, you better watch or the mods will be on you.

oh shut up you wuss, always moaning about sig pics [:p]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your joking? You have to pay to have a hijack mode activated?! They did it for free at the BMW garage on our 3 series.

My R is set to just disarm only the drivers door on the first click of the key fob, you have to press it twice to open both doors.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Quote: posted by rommel on 28/02/2005 20:48:07

Your joking? You have to pay to have a hijack mode activated?! They did it for free at the BMW garage on our 3 series.

My R is set to just disarm only the drivers door on the first click of the key fob, you have to press it twice to open both doors.

cost my mate ?30 at the dealers to have auto lock and the plip enabled

what a rip off

·
Registered
137 Posts
Blimey, I'm lucky the previous owner was so paranoid and had that function put on already. They must be pricing it as about 30 minutes labour charge!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have just given the garage a ring to get 'em to activate the blip while it's in getting the *** lighter sorted - got a ALTERNATOR WORKSHOP message flashing up on me at the weekend so they are sorting that too!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by rommel on 28/02/2005 20:48:07

Trick was to have the items completed at the PDI if you bought the car new!

Ditto

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine is too now and the alarm plips [^]

The alternator is being replaced under warranty - apparently it's a relatively common problem on R32s according the to the service manager? Something to do with a static build up?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts