Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, an official VW statement, and the first official pictures:

FIRST PICTURES OF NEW VOLKSWAGEN POLO ARE REVEALED

The new Volkswagen Polo has been unveiled, ahead of its world debut at the Leipzig Motor Show at the start of April. Coinciding with the model?s 30th birthday, the new version features a fresh look to the front and rear, plus new colours and trims. New engine options will also be featured in the range.

Following the forthcoming new Passat, the new Polo will be the second Volkswagen to display the brand?s new ?face?. The completely redesigned front end features a deep grille, forming the point of a V shape, which continues up through the bonnet to the base of the A-pillars. The new lights are equally imposing, with a trapezoid shape incorporating a subtle circular highlight that cuts into the bumper.

In comparison with its predecessor, the new Polo?s redesigned front extends the length by 19 mm to 3,916 mm. Its width (1,650 mm) and height (1,465 mm) are unchanged from the current model.

The rear of the new Polo has a more dynamic look. Here, the glass emulates the grille with its subtle V shape at the base, while the redesigned tail lights pick up on the front end's circular elements, as well as those of recent Volkswagen models such as the new Passat and Golf Plus.

The new Polo has also been refreshed inside. High-quality fabrics with new patterns are complemented by redesigned instrument graphics and steering wheel designs.

As before, the new Polo offers an unusually large range of engine options to the supermini buyer. Five petrol engines with outputs ranging from 55 PS to 100 PS ? including an FSI engine ? and four advanced TDI engines with outputs from 70 PS to 130 PS, will be available.

The previous car?s 1.9-litre SDI 64 PS entry-level diesel powerplant is replaced by a development of the highly acclaimed 1.4-litre TDI, boasting 70 PS. The previous 75 PS engine has been superseded by an 80 PS unit, creating two three-cylinder diesel options. The 1.9-litre TDI engines with outputs of 100 PS and 130 PS continue, and all of the new Polo?s diesel units comply with Euro 4 emissions legislation.

The new Polo will be launched in Germany and major Continental European markets at the end of April, with UK sales following in June. Specification levels for the UK, along with prices, will be confirmed nearer to the launch date.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Very RS6 like indeed...

Why do they release so many Polos?? Since late 99/early 00 we will have had THREE different models now!?

And the backs on them all look the same!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
they don't all look the same from the back!

granted, the 9n & 9n2 look similar, but isn't that the idea?

i think it looks good - good news on the engine range, it's been crying out for a bit of ooomph!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Front end looks really good and I like the mini RS6 type alloys. Overall it looks like a smart small car.

Eh more like replica 206 GTi 180 wheels mate.[;)]

Not sure about it, think they have just made a mini version of the Mk V golf.

Seems to be a trate within VAG at the moment making all there cars look very similar. All the audi's look very similar, and the new passat looks like the audi's or vise versa.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by Josh_PoloGTi on 12/03/2005 09:00:18

Posted Image

I like the detail on the headlamp - looks like a little vw symbol in the centre. Deffo better than the last one.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Though Im still not sold on the overall shape, I think the new headlights have made it look more attractive rather than those buggy eyes that just didnt quite work. Lights at the back could have gone more like MKV gold though. But overall much much better than the last incarnation. Just hope the interior is nicer as well as I still prefer the ones in the old Polo/Lupo.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Pretty nice....

problem is tho that VW are gonna price it right out of its range tho..... these things i bet for a top spec and engined car will be the wrong side of ?18k

always felt thats the big problem with the polo, you can nearly get a golf of similar spec for the money...... so most do!

The best shape that there has been in the polo range is the one which had the GTI in it... X plate up to 51 or summat. THEY were nice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts