Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
I just checked my pm's and i had two new ones. Going to have to check them everytime i come on here now.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why can the server just be upgraded? not like there aint enough site sponsers. sure they would prefer a stable forum that people stayed on to see there adverts instead of getting narked with it crashing all the time and moving on to other forums. I know its alot of work but so is trying to short cut the problem.

just a thought. i will await a snotty response or a visit to the c0ck box.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
why can the server just be upgraded? not like there aint enough site sponsers. sure they would prefer a stable forum that people stayed on to see there adverts instead of getting narked with it crashing all the time and moving on to other forums. I know its alot of work but so is trying to short cut the problem.

Sadly it's not as easy as just getting a new server or upgrading. There's an inherrent problem with either the Database or site code that we're trying to track down via a long winded process of elimation. It's not a matter of cost either.

Right now our options are limited but one that we may have to take is junking our current setup and moving to a different platform - which is a whole new kettle of fish so will take time, more the time involved to do this when we've got busy day jobs to attend.

There, that wasn't snotty was it? [:)]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Sadly it's not as easy as just getting a new server or upgrading. There's an inherrent problem with either the Database or site code that we're trying to track down via a long winded process of elimation. It's not a matter of cost either.

Right now our options are limited but one that we may have to take is junking our current setup and moving to a different platform - which is a whole new kettle of fish so will take time, more the time involved to do this when we've got busy day jobs to attend.

There, that wasn't snotty was it?
na not at all.. i just seen people rinsed for asking / challenging the forum thats all. its just part of ukmkiv forums the errors. can be irritating but its just the way it is!

would it not just be easier to start fresh in your spare time and build a newer forum on a new platform and release it as and when its finished? im sure everyone would love the chance to change there names etc. got to be easier than chasing a needle in a hay stack no?

no beef in what im saying just saying it how i see it.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
But then when you re-import all of the data, the chances are that you'll still get errors as it's still effectively the same database...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts