Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't remember the last time put pics of my golf on here so here are the latest.

I dont think I had the spokes painted black in the last pics I put up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dont know if I had the bonnet vent last time I posted either. But here you see what you think of it, I know its not the normal way to mod a golf but I think the world has enough "smoothed" OE looking golfs, so I did it my way!

·
Registered
343 Posts
neons arent to my taste. i dont like black spokes too much, but i know they are a popular choice with a lot of other people

i am undecided on the bonnet vent, but apart from that i quite like it.

any pics of the rear in daylight?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
ARGH !! MY EYE'S

Sorry but for me that's painful, but as they say, "ones mans pain is anothers pleasure"

TBH, I would bin the rear lights, bonet, front skirt & neons, it makes it too "MAX MUPPET/CHAV "

THE MK4 ISNT SUITED TO THAT JAP STYLE.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Well, I was just trying to be polite about it......then along comes Jace - LOL!

But yeah, the bonnet scoop, wing mirrors, front "snow plough" spoiler, rear lights and of course neons just scream MAX POWER!

Doesn't suit the German lines of the Golf imo.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
not really my taste but if you like it thats what counts and the work does look good quality.

anyone that spends a couple of grand getting there car to look how they want it to look is ok by me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That's 2 sunbeds in a week isn't it?

Not my taste but looks like you've put a lot of work into it though so good on ya.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The Neons etc are not my cup of tea at all, but if your happy that's all that matters imo! [:D]

Have a [Y] for a cracking photo location and for a car that's obviously had a lot of work and probably a few quid spent on it too...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Now I know why the OE/Smooth look is so popular.

Neons lighting, Random bonnet vent, Cruise site stickers...............It looks Cheap 'N' Nasty but if you think your "Da Man" driving it, I guess thats ok then....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep the pic was taken at RAF Waddington (thats where I work) it dose make a cool location for photoing.

No nos on it, not planning on getting any either.

I've neber really thought of it as Jap styling before people on other VW forums have said it (by the way other VW forums seemed to like seeing a different way of doing things) But its no suprise as if you visit my site www.cruisewank.com you'll see I spend my days hanging around with a nissan Skyline and 200SX so I'm inflenced by them and the Jap look! I and a lot of other people think it works and looks good!

As for thinking i'm "Da Man!" Firstly i'm not black, secondly I can speek the Queens english and thirdly I dont listen to any gangster hip hop/rap R&B or any other music type where "Da Man" would be used! As i'm into Metal, hence the black evil looking car!

Anyway thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You don't have to justify yourself or your modifcations to me or anyone else mate, by the way you spelt thirdly wrong.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
dont look to bad, neons are a no no for me. the rear valance isnt quite to my taste. you have been brave with the bonnet vent and IMO it has worked. other than that its not that bad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts