Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is now lowered on 50mm eibach springs and 17inch wolfrace octane rims.just saving up to get the boot smoothed then get pin striping done on it.

opinions welcome just nothing sarky or stupid

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
That looks evil [Y]

Excellent choice of rims, and I would also leave the black rub strips and handles, they work so well. I prefer the genuine Anni headlamps but those still look the business on your colour scheme. Have you got a front VW badge at all? If that was mine I'd keep the silver rear badge, to maintain the silver/chrome accents. All looks very brutish in an old skool way.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Excelent love that all I would sugest is a fabia wiper and some black
vinyl on the centre pillars between the doors, very mk2 80's excelent

Dont know why so many colour code when you can do that

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excelent love that all I would sugest is a fabia wiper and some black vinyl on the centre pillars between the doors, very mk2 80's excelent

Dont know why so many colour code when you can do that
i was thinking about the centre pillars in black and i think i may have to go for it now if others agree it could look good, the roof is also going to go black with it.

i done the badges as first mods but their both goin soon due to boot smoothing and badgeless front grill in black

cheers for the comments people[:D], didnt no what reaction id get as its not the usual route people take on here

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I saw a non-colour coded red one vortex couple of months ago, looked
real smart. Your looks great aswell....black bonnet to finish it? [;)]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got the lights done by a bodyshop, they used a combination of tinting spray and a light black paint so they still alow the lights to shine through strong enough

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I know most colour code their rub strips and handles, but in this case I would say dont - the black and gold scheme works really well, and IMO looks really smart in a cool and "not like everyone else's" kind of way.

I like the way you got all the black bits and bobs, and the black/chrome wheels fit perfectly with the scheme. Whats the front like, I would think maybe a black grill badge would suit it - if you got the standard grill that is - or a mesh grill could work too if you wanna go that option.

Good work fella [Y]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whats the front like, I would think maybe a black grill badge would suit it - if you got the standard grill that is - or a mesh grill could work too if you wanna go that option.

Good work fella [Y]
atm i got the black front badge on it but i got a badgeless gril goin on soon which wil be sprayed up in black[;)]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heres a little update, the boot is now stage one done. getting some custom pinstriping work done on it(not chav style graphics) hand done, gold leaved one off stuff.below is an example of some of his work along with some pics of my car as it is. i have also got the hofele design lower air intakes in

Posted Image

the ass shot

Posted Image

the arty angular one

Posted Image

the front air intakes

and heres the kind of work my friends dad does

Posted Image

the gold around the star and the gold lines below is actually gold leaf laquared on

and heres a full car he did apart from the paint work, he done the pin striping and flame work and sign writing

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Progressing nicely, very 'bumble bee' mate. I noticed your bootlid is a different shade to the rest of the panels(?) - maybe it's the lighting.

I'm curious to see the results of your artwork. Sweet ride[Y]

·
Registered
730 Posts
Colour code the strips and door handles.

Apart from that it's good.

Surely those spray painted rear clusters are illegal aren't they?

i hope your lights and indicators can be seen by other motorists during the day let alone at night.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it isnt a different colour, its the way the strip lights in the car park caught it as there was one above the car, in natural light it looks spot on.

the said parts are being removed rather than colour coded

the rear lights, i have not had any problems with them from police even though i have been stop checked for my details and they looked around the car. it is proffesional tint spray on then so the lights come through just fine in the day and look even better at night.i no its not the R,C,C,Rs everyone else has but i like em.

same thing goes for the pin striping work again its personal taste and i rele like it, plus its gona be free[;)]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Very nice indeed ! at first I was like Hmm.. not so sure.. but yeah it's a good un. Def get an aero or fabia wiper to match the smooth hatch now though.. less is more, I always think.. top stuff. looks good and not too ott, but in a different way. [:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts