Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

just registered and thought i would introduce myself and my car to you all, my name is Jeff, im 21 and have just graduated from my degree in Design Technology for Industry

and below is my latest car, iv had a few in the past, 306 D-Turbo, 205 D-Turbo, 206 GTi-HDi, Mk7 Polo Gti, and now the Golf gti, anyway, less talking and heres more on the car

Diamond Back (pearl) mk5 Golf GTi
Spec including options is as follows:

Engine
2.0 16v Turbo-FSi unit ~ 200PS & 280 NM Torque

Exterior
Front & Rear VW moulded mudguards (they were free but im not sure about them though)
Shark Fin Ariel
Headlamp Washers
Privacy Glass

Interior
~Full anthracite electric & heated leather seats including front and rear armrests
~Multi Function Steering wheel
~Highline onboard computer
~Telephone preperation
~Dual climate control
~6 speed manual box
~RCD 500 audio Upgrade comprising 6 cd in dash changer and ten speaker Bose upgrade
~4 VW carpet mats
~Chilled glove box
~Electric absolutely everything

Wheels & Tyres
~18" Polished & Grey BBS Monza II alloy wheels
~Continental Contact Sport 2's (225x40x18)
~Standard GTi powder coated calipers front and rear

Safety
~Auto headlights
~Auto wipers front and rear
~Auto dimming mirrors
~Auto lock (at 6 mph) and auto unlock whel key is removed from ignition
~Road Angel Compact
~VW Upgrade alarm with internal sensors
~8 Air Bags
~ABS - ASR - ESP

Plans
~Remap ???
~Tinted Reg Plates
~Original VW GTi Optional Xenon Headlights

the car was a 56 reg, fully spec'd up demonstrater for the Corkills Wigan VW garage, its just 3 weeks and 3 days old, had covered only 800 miles and get this, it was £5'000 under its list price (this has been confirmed and double checked),
so i got a bargain too

anyway, heres a few pictures of her, opinions welcomed as always

Engine Bay
Posted Image

Front
Posted Image

Rear
Posted Image

Front Side
Posted Image

Rear Side
Posted Image

Wheel & Tyre
Posted Image

Inside
Posted Image

any chance someone can resize the front full on pic for an avi for me?

opinions welcomed
cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum mate and congrats on a getting such a nice specced GTI! [:D]

here's your pic resized for use as a signature pic, feel free to save it and host it yourself or you can just paste the url from my hosting account into your sig if you like, i've got loads of bandwidth left...[:)]

Steve

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Welcome Jeff, thats a lovely car you have there.

Not sure about the Bose sound though, thats an Audi option rather than VW.

Very interested to hear more about the great deal you got from your dealer. You seem pretty experienced in buying cars judging from the long list of previous ones you have had. What really has me curious is how you managed to purchase a fully specced car with a few hundred miles on it from a VW dealer for £5,000 off. Most of them seem to charge list for any GTI with less than 5,000 miles and some even put on a premium. Come on - what's the secret?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Btw mate, did you take those pictures on the industrial park near the Village hotel in Warrington by any chance? just looks really familiar...[:)]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got money off the golf by hassling the dealer something rotten, i explained i never wanted havlf the options on the car and was perpared to walk away to another dealers demo car

the dealer then told me as my polo gti was the first officially on the uk roads, (released before the proper uk release) AS THEY WANTED IT BACK AS SOMEONE ELSE THERE WANTED IT, AND PROMISED WE COULD COME TO AN ARRANGEMENT ON PRICE AND TRADE IN, WHICH WE DID

i mentioned a flat spot on the boot which i would be prepared to have flatted and buffed at my own leisure if the price was dropped more again, ijust mentioned loads of silly niggly things like the phone prep was for nokia and id need a sony ericsson cradle etc etc

i mentioned the 800 miles on the car and insisted on a reduction due to this as its not delivery milage, im not paying new money for it etc etc, and as it was over 3 weeks old it had already been reduced by 6% anyway

all in, the car has cost me JUST over 20K with all the spec and the boot put right, which my friend did for free at his bodyshop ;)

the photographs are taken opposite haydock park racecourse in ashton in makerfield on an estate called the parks

thanks for your kind words so far, also forgot to mention it now has a pipercross pannel filter too

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beddie, thanks also for the avi picture you resized, if its ok, ill take advantage of you hosting the pic, cheers

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Thought the backdrop for the pics was familiar just couldnt quite think where though, i do some work for a company at Chase house on the parks estate and also for Haydock Park racecourse itself, glad you told me where they were taken it was doing my head in lol! [:D]

No probs on the pic hosting mate, glad to help!

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, yeah, its a nice clean bright place for pictures i find

and yeah i noticed the pic, but thought it was for the avi not the sig, doh haha, ill get round to sorting it soon haha

as for the bose issue, my gti has the rcd500 with the upgrade soundpack, vw told me this was bose but maybe its not and was just [email protected] from the stealer, however i do know its a 10 speaker package 4 mids, 4 tweeters and 2 others, bassy, like mini woofers haha

im looking in to getting it papped up, but wanna see what it produced std first, as its defo as quick as my 1.8 20vt polo gti which was on apr software stage 1 at 204 bhp, im intreved to know if my bwa engine produces 220 bhp ish like some others, but thats another story

other plans include a headlight swap for the xenon ones, but need more info on this, hence my other thread

·
Registered
894 Posts
Welcome Jeff,

Nice car and choice colour !

Somebody at Corkhills must have really wanted your Polo bad to get £5000 off a 3 week old GTI.

Right place, right time ...as they say together with a bit of sensible negotiating.

Congrats on your degree by the way.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very very nice...
the perl black shines up so well I think... although is quite difficult to keep as sparkling in the weather we're coming into now...
some nice extras although personally I dont think I'd interfere with the lights, if i wanted them that bad I think I'd trade the car in for one with Xenons. I only have mine a week so gonna enjoy it as it is just now but reckon I will go for a remap at some stage soon...
sounds like you got a great deal too, thats always good to hear.
Anyway welcome aboard and happy motoring. Oh, and be prepared to find any excuse to take the long way home or drive down the shops.... via the coast!!! (H)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the warm welcome, yeah, the day i dropped the polo off it was bought by the new owner, a lad at vw too haha

i got 14.5k for it as a trade in on the golf too and better still it only cost me 15.2k new, and it was booked in for a new seering rack as it was pulling to the left hard, oh, not to mention the 11k miles i put on it in just 4 months ;)

so yeah, think i did well

bought meguires clay bar thing today as everyone raves about it, so im hoping for mirror like finishes from now on haha

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
so yeah, think i did well
Well? I would suggest you have got the best deal a private buyer has ever got on a GTI in the UK. If anyone has got better than 20% off a three week old car I would be absolutely amazed. You really seem to have the midas touch. Would you like to buy my next car?

·
Registered
233 Posts
You did very well on the deal, I remember when I was getting my GTI the dealers did not want to drop 50p off let alone 5K, even until a few months back VW in BHam still were asking 19K for a 54 basic gti with 20000miles on the clock

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dervburner, its a RA Compact, had it about 18 months or so now and i love it, its NEVER once let me down

i also find its a nicer size too, not too big, yet screens still very clear and its blue, so matches the dials well haha

id defo recommend one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts